Search

Picking best flight, LHR -> MNL

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2019, 2:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta
Picking best flight, LHR -> MNL

Me: Platinum status on Delta

I need to fly from Heathrow to Manila, and I'd like to make the most out of my status. Looking at skyteams website, my options seem to be KLM, or China Eastern.

Just curious if anyone would recommend one over the other, and why. From what I can tell, I get 100% MQMs on either. I guess I"m more curious if one might offer a better experience or more upgrade options vs the other, or overall flight comfort.

If all things are similar, I'll just book on price alone, But, I wanted to check with you experts before doing so, in case there's something I'm not thinking of.

Thanks in advance
Old Feb 27, 2019, 2:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
I would go with KL without hesitating a second.
Old Feb 28, 2019, 1:49 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hilton Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Tit, Accor Plat
Saudia and Korean Air are also possible SkyTeam options from LHR to MNL. The downside of the KL flight is the annoying stop in Taipei (where you have to clear security again).
Old Mar 6, 2019, 12:34 pm
siw

Programs: AF-KL Platinum, ALL Platinum
China Airlines via TPE if you can use LGW instead of LHR. LGW-TPE is not daily but a nice product in the A350.
Or China Southern via CAN, before they leave SkyTeam.
Old Mar 23, 2019, 8:29 am

Programs: DL DM, PR, TG, UA, CX (Asia Miles), BT, AY, AA
I did the MNL-LHR run on MU a couple of years ago and they were fine. The only major annoyance was remote boarding for the PVG-LHR leg, but otherwise the flight was uneventful. Similar runs on KL are the same, but with generally better cabin service and food (for a corresponding higher price).
Old Sep 19, 2019, 2:09 pm

Programs: Korean Air Skypass / Delta Skymiles / Asiana Club / AAdvantage
Please elaborate specifically why?

I find that Korean Air would offer a much better product when traveling east. Transiting though ICN is also a dream compared to TPE.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.