Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Codeshare Question [AZ issued, AF operated seat selection]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2017, 10:38 am
Original Poster

Codeshare Question [AZ issued, AF operated seat selection]

Sorry I didnt see any other forum that seems a better place to ask this...

I have a ticket through Altalia with legs operated by AirFrance, Delta and Alitalia. I have been able to choose seats for the Alitalia and Delta portions but for the Air France portion I have been told I have to wait until check in. I cant pay to chose or upgrade at all. I've called Alitalia, who says my travel agent has to call. My travel agent gets told I have to call or I have to wait, Air France says to call Alitalia.....its a never ending cycle.

I just dont get why I can chose for all portions except for the AirFrance portion.

the legs are - Houston to Paris operated by AirFrance.....cant choose a seat
Paris to Rome - Alitalia - got a seat
return legs Rome to Atlanta - operated by Delta....got a seat
Atlanta to Houston - Delta - got a seat

Any suggestions?

thanks1
Old Apr 1, 2017, 3:39 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Welcome to the posting side of Flyertalk fumunda2jp.

As this involves carriers in SkyTeam, we'll move your post over to its forum.

~beckoa, co-moderator Information Desk
Old Apr 1, 2017, 5:38 am

Hi and, again, welcome to FT.

Sadly, you don't have much choice here, apart from awaiting check-in to open. What you could do as a last resort option (if you haven't done so already, needless to say) is to call AZ and ask them to give you the AF booking code (PNR), then call the latter back and ask whether they would be kind enough to let you choose and pay for a seat through the phone. FYI and future reference - such mixed tickets involving AZ, AF and KL are always tricky when it comes to seat selection, check-in and the likes (there are several reports here on FT) and, not that this would make you feel slightly less annoyed, but you would have stumbled on the very same system's gremlin had you booked through AF and wanted to select seats on the AZ flight.

G

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.