Search

Upgrade with miles for a cdg syd flight impossible

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2016, 1:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: Flying Blue
Upgrade with miles for a cdg syd flight impossible

Hello to u all

Here is my problem. My companion and i want to go to australia from 26th nov for a month. As it is a 22 hours flight and i have 190 000 miles/gold member, i was thinking to enjoy some of my miles to get an upgrade (paying 4000 eur for the business class is hard).
I decided to call fb as you can not perform anything only in matter of upgrades with miles .Flying told me there are no seats available on this date but on the 28th. I said fine give me tarriff of the ticket and the number of miles needed for the upgrade. The FB girl told me i will need 3600 euros to buy the ticket and 65 000 to get Upgrade on china eastern.
Checking rapidly on matrix ita, the price on business for the same ticket was 2900 eur. What a shame ... And i told her, she did not seem to be surprised ...... I Was really pissed off as i wanted to pay around 1500 eur for the ticket and get upgraded for 80 000 miles but apparently i cant ....

Now i am looking for a solution to try to fly business /premium eco from cdg to syd with a reasonable price.if you have some suggestions or someone went through the same process, please dont hesitate it would be highly appreciated

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.