Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > SkyTeam
Reload this Page >

Redeem Skymiles on KE Biz - More Than One Seat?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2016, 3:34 pm
Original Poster

I'm looking at redeeming Skymiles for KE biz (hopefully on an A380). I've done a LOT of random samplings of dates on DL's site. There only seems to ever be one seat available on KE per flight. Does anyone know if this is par for the course? Do they typically open more availability? I don't have any experience with KE so I'm not sure about their DL policies.
Old Apr 28, 2016, 7:03 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 100K, DL Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Lifetime Plat.
Originally Posted by fordpickup
I'm looking at redeeming Skymiles for KE biz (hopefully on an A380). I've done a LOT of random samplings of dates on DL's site. There only seems to ever be one seat available on KE per flight. Does anyone know if this is par for the course? Do they typically open more availability? I don't have any experience with KE so I'm not sure about their DL policies.
In my experience during the last few months, for transpacific flights, you are not likely to see more than one Prestige/Biz Class on KE flights using Skymiles since Delta completely restricts it. I regularly checked availability from West Coast to Seoul for over three months, and never see more than one seat any day of the week during the month of April.

I ended up booking one Prestige Class on the new 747-800 from SFO-ICN. To my surprises, the entire upper deck of the 747-800 was virtually empty! There were only four passengers! There were tons of award seats using KE miles, but just a single one using Skymiles.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.