Wiki Posts
Search

Uncredit miles on Delta

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2016, 2:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Mileage Plus Delta SkyMiles
Uncredit miles on Delta

yes, a bit odd. Most of the time people are trying to get credit posted. Now I want to uncredit miles posted to my account.

Why?

I have 4 flights posted to Delta, switching to Flying Blue because it makes more sense for me. In fact with these 4 segments I'll go directly to silver.

Delta don't want to 'uncredit' the flights so FlyingBlue can pick them up.

I guess I can understand why... my reason which I was transparent about, didn't see compelling.

Any ideas on who-where-how in Delta to make this happen?

TIA
Old Apr 17, 2016, 7:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Not possible to do. Sorry.
Old Apr 17, 2016, 8:29 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
DL could care less about the miles / segments and how they are credited, it's simply that it draws an administrative line in the sand about reversing credits and issuing debit memos to other carriers.

Only way to get this done is if you can show a provable error on DL's part and you can't do that here.

Not particularly an odd question. It happens all the time and DL is far from alone among carriers in refusing to do it.
Old Apr 18, 2016, 1:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Mileage Plus Delta SkyMiles
.... well, this sucks...
Old Apr 18, 2016, 1:46 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
DL also doesn't let you change the FF number (program) associated with a PNR after the first segment has been boarded. This means that you cannot credit different segments to different programs.
Old Apr 18, 2016, 7:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by HeidiInTheAlps
.... well, this sucks...
There are worst things in life, no ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.