SkyTeam lounge @ DXB

Old Apr 11, 16, 11:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge 2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, UA Mileage plus, Le Club Accorhotels platinum
Thank you SDQBound.
Old Apr 13, 16, 12:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge 2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, UA Mileage plus, Le Club Accorhotels platinum
Originally Posted by SDQBound View Post
By "not officially open" I meant that it has not been officially inaugurated by SkyTeam or announced in their website.
Now, it is
http://www.skyteam.com/en/lounges/dubai/
Old Apr 13, 16, 10:29 am

Programs: UA 1K, Starwood Platinum, Hyatt Diamond
It's open now! And as expected it's like a copy/paste of the LHR, SYD, HKG and IST lounges. A major upgrade over the Concourse C situation, with plenty more space and showers.

https://loungereview.com/skyteam-ope...l-airport-dxb/
Old Feb 6, 19, 3:30 am
Hilton 10+ BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge 2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Hi,

Visited this lounge for the 1st time since it opened. I do agree that it is much better than the former separate AirFrance/KLM lounge option. However in my opinion, it is a sort of chicken-egg issue with these 'alliance' lounges.
Due to the large bank of flights leaving at more of less the same time, when I visited the lounge around 2230-2300, the lounge was packed and there was no decent seating available where 2 can seat together. During this hour, there were 3-4 major flights leaving - KLM, AF, CZ and SU - all operating with wide bodies. [I was on the SU flight]. After 1.30am, when the 3 major wide bodied called for boarding, it improved drastically.
Outside of these hours, I guess the place is decent and not as crowded as what I experienced.

Food offerings were ok - edible but had expected at least the same quality as the LHR lounge. Though the wine selection was not too shabby.
Used the shower - it was ok - but shower pressure was really slow, but at least the positive point was that it was spacious with high ceiling, so this did not make the shower area like a sauna after a shower which is very welcomed. I guess since it is not yet summer, it was not really needed, but I can imagine during the summer season, more pax will be wanting to use it before their late night flight. There was I believe only 2 shower rooms.

Cheers!