Wiki Posts
Search

AF Business vs Delta One Transatlantic

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2015, 9:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: AE, HHG

Can anyone please provide advice for an upcoming transatlantic? My options are business in AF Airbus 340 vs KLM A-330 vs DeltaOne 757-200. I understand the first two options are an angle lie flat whereas the Delta flight is complete lie flat.
any advice greatly appreciated!
Old Oct 16, 2015, 11:08 am

Beware of (un)expected refuelling stops in Canada on the 757 when flying westwards.
http://www.wsj.com/articles/SB100014...52974098241982
Old Oct 16, 2015, 3:28 pm

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist

I've flown the DL 757 transatlantic dozens of times and never had a fuel stopover. that shouldn't factor in your decision.
Between lie flat, every seat on the aisle, and angle flat, it's kind of a no brainer. There's nothing particularly fancy about AF business. Food and service is just as good (or better) on DL, and DL has nicer lounges IME.
Old Oct 17, 2015, 2:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by marley
Can anyone please provide advice for an upcoming transatlantic? My options are business in AF Airbus 340 vs KLM A-330 vs DeltaOne 757-200. I understand the first two options are an angle lie flat whereas the Delta flight is complete lie flat.
any advice greatly appreciated!
The A340 is indeed bearing the old J seat but the last version of it (NEV4) which is very acceptable to me. Of course the Delta One seat is much better. Between Delta One and the new AF seat (BEST), I find the AF seat slightly more comfortable because wider at the shoulder level.
But it seems that we are talking here about a short flight if you mention the 757, so seriously, in that case, I would choose what is the most convenient for you in term of timing, number of connections, etc.

Originally Posted by Adam1222
DL has nicer lounges IME.
I disagree on that point. Some DL lounges (JFK T4, ATL F, main DTW) are indeed very nice but the others have really nothing to write home about and food is extremely basic and limited (except in JFK T4 and ATL F, but...oh I forgot : you need to pay for the food which is a total shame when you have already paid 5k for a J-class ticket).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.