Wiki Posts
Search

Moving from *A to SkyTeam.

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2015, 6:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH Sen***, Flying Blue Platinum, BA Silver, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Moving from *A to SkyTeam.

I'm about to move to Paris. I've been a LH SEN for ever, but I guess I may be using AF now a lot from CDG for long haul. I have a Delta account (with the original card from 1988), so the question is: should I carry on using my SkyMiles account or get a brand new Flying Blue account? Or... Carry on flying LH etc as much as possible?
Old Oct 10, 2015, 7:44 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
My biggest concern with Sky Team is that their Elite Plus members (equivalent of Star Gold) cannot access lounges while flying on domestic itineraries. It might not be a concern for you (as you may not even fly on domestic itineraries), but it is something that makes me reluctant to even consider ST. Before deciding I would visit DL and Flying Blue forums - neither FF program seems to be respected very highly there.

PS> AZ now runs status match campaign - you can even be matched to the highest tier (Freccia Alata Plus) - visit forum AZ for more details...
Old Oct 10, 2015, 1:58 pm

Both AF and DL programs are pretty useless (esp. AF). But then again, who would call the M&M program useful these days.
Old Oct 11, 2015, 10:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
So now we have a 3rd thread/post started by OP with the exact same question (2 in this Skyteam forum and one in the AF/KL forum). Are there some more ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.