Wiki Posts
Search

Sky Team plan for infrequent flyer

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2015, 2:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: Velocity Gold, AIRNZ Elite, Qantas Silver ,Hilton Diamond
Sky Team plan for infrequent flyer

Mainly a Star Alliance and Virgin Australia user but sometimes travel on China southern as the fares are a lot cheaper

Is Delta the only Sky Team that has points that don't expire?

I have applied for status match and have been granted Alitalia status but travelling 80,000 miles along with maintaining status with star Alliance will be too hard

Happy just to accumulate a few points

PS it is great to have lounge access on Sky Team till March 2017

One further question does Alitalia have a soft drop from elite plus?
Old Aug 15, 2015, 3:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
So if you have already a Skyteam FFP membership with AZ (including an elite status), just stick to AZ IMO. and try to maintain the Elite status.
Old Jan 16, 2016, 2:03 am

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
Can I use AZ for a status and credit the miles to other program (like VN) as i cannot earn miles on AZ for VN D class?
Old Jan 16, 2016, 2:07 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Usually airlines won't grant a status match/challenge to elites of their own partners or within their own alliance, although there have been a few exceptions.
Old Jan 16, 2016, 3:34 am

Programs: AF/KL FB Plat 4L, VA Vel Silver, BA EC, LH M&M
Yes, you can credit your miles elsewhere and show your Alitalia card whenever you want to benefit from the status. Obviously, you wouldnt get any bonus miles due to status though.

The program of AF/KL and the program of UX have unlimited miles validity as long as you keep flying with Skyteam once every 18 or 20 months.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.