Wiki Posts
Search

Which program to credit? [merged threads]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 2014, 4:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver, CX Gold
Which program to credit? [merged threads]

Hi all, I am new to SkyTeam, I mostly fly with Virgin Atlantic. However, during the Air France/KLM WOW offer period, I couldn't resist a return in J to Tokyo for less £1k. Now I am in a dilemma, and I would really appreciate some advice please.

We have been debating to which FF program we should credit the miles. I initially thought of Alaska as they are partners with BA and some other airlines outside the SkyTeam network, but their redemptions seem quite high, plus I don't think we get to earn status qualification miles with them. We are now thinking Delta, but their 2015 new program which requires you to spend over certain amount of money to be able to qualify for status is a big turn off. Crediting to FlyingBlue/KLM is the safe option of course, and their tier qualification level seem fairly reasonable. but I am keen to hear if you guys have any suggestion within SkyTeam family, or outside, that you think would be the most ideal option?

Thanks a million in advance!
Jake
Old Nov 21, 2014, 9:01 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
Are you going to travel enough on SkyTeam to earn any meaningful status though?
If not you are probably best off looking which is the best program to credit to for redemptions. What is your usually travel pattern and what type of awards would you want to use any earned miles on?
Old Nov 21, 2014, 10:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver, CX Gold
Originally Posted by nux
Are you going to travel enough on SkyTeam to earn any meaningful status though?
If not you are probably best off looking which is the best program to credit to for redemptions. What is your usually travel pattern and what type of awards would you want to use any earned miles on?
Thank you for the reply. I doubt we will accumulate more miles on SkyTeam to qualify for status, so you are right the redemption would be something we will need to focus on. We do Europe-Asia trip once a year, and North America once or twice a year, plus a few trips within europe. I think I just answered my own question lol. FlyingBlue might be the best option I guess.
Old Nov 24, 2014, 6:04 am

Programs: UA 1K
Best place to credit miles?

Hi SkyTeam friends,

I'm about to make two trips involving JFK-MXP on DL, and CDG-KIX on AF. I don't forsee myself building elite status on SkyTeam, but I do like my miles to go somewhere and hopefully won't be expired. I figure even if I only do one trip a year via SkyTeam, I can eventually redeem some flights.

So far, I'm inclined to go with DL just because miles won't expire. But if there are better options, I'm all ears!

Thanks,
Old Nov 24, 2014, 10:11 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, National Executive
Out of curiosity are you flying more frequently wit any other carriers?
Old Nov 24, 2014, 1:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
As you are based in the USA (according to your profile), I would join DL SkyPesos
Old Nov 24, 2014, 8:38 pm

Programs: UA 1K
we are just flying AF/DL since there was a really cheap fare. otherwise, I normally fly NH, UA, BR, LH.
Old Nov 26, 2014, 4:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

RandomTaiwanese

What is your definition of best?
Alaska has DL & AF as partners http://www.alaskaair.com/content/mil...ePlan-partners

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/skyte...i-sign-up.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/infor...help-here.html

Last edited by Mwenenzi; Nov 28, 2014 at 10:50 am Reason: edit after merge to make clearer
Old Nov 28, 2014, 7:18 am
Moderator, SkyTeam and Germany

Programs: BA, LH, KL, EY, IHG, Marriott, Hyatt, Hilton, Radisson
I've merged threads with the same topic

ralfkrippner,
skyteam forum moderator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.