Wiki Posts
Search

Status match from Star Alliance

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2014, 6:04 am
Original Poster

Status match from Star Alliance

Hi Everyone,

I am Star Alliance Gold with both Singapore Airlines and Asiana Airlines (Diamond).

Does anyone know if any airlines from SkyTeam match status if I switch to them?

Thanks so much for your help!!

(PS. I searched the forum but couldn't find any recent information).
Old Jun 8, 2014, 7:45 pm

You can try contacting Delta for a status match / challenge. I did it a few years back (they matched me to Delta Gold but I had to meet the challenge requirements.)

More information is available at:

http://www.delta.com/content/www/en_...challenge.html

Originally Posted by maestro1981
Hi Everyone,

I am Star Alliance Gold with both Singapore Airlines and Asiana Airlines (Diamond).

Thanks so much for your help!!

(PS. I searched the forum but couldn't find any recent information).
Old Jun 9, 2014, 8:34 am
R7U

Programs: TK Elite; HH Diamond; AA Plat; CC Gold
You may try China Airlines.
Old Jun 15, 2014, 4:56 am

Programs: SK Diamond
Originally Posted by R7U
You may try China Airlines.
I recently succeeded matching my *A Gold from SAS to SkyTeam Elite Plus with China Airlines, so worth a try there. ^
Old Jun 15, 2014, 6:01 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by FlightCancelled
I recently succeeded matching my *A Gold from SAS to SkyTeam Elite Plus with China Airlines, so worth a try there. ^
Dear FlightCancelled,

Thanks so much for your message. I'm very interested in trying this. How do you recommend I go about it? I can't find any email addresses to write to on their website. Do I join their Dynasty Flyer club first or write to them first?

Many thanks for your help!
Old Jun 15, 2014, 7:13 am

Programs: A3*G
Originally Posted by maestro1981
Try Czech Airlines (OK) ;-)
Old Jun 15, 2014, 7:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
AR matched my AA EXP a few months ago to Platino. They had an active status match link on their website.
Old Jun 15, 2014, 11:46 am
R7U

Programs: TK Elite; HH Diamond; AA Plat; CC Gold
Originally Posted by szczurwa
Try Czech Airlines (OK) ;-)
Yes, it is also possible. OK status match terms and conditions are available on their website.
Old Jun 16, 2014, 5:29 am
Original Poster

Dear All,

I tried with Czech Airlines (OK) but was told I need to fly at least one Czech Airlines flight with at least 100% miles before they will status match.

So, that one is out.

Still waiting to hear from other airlines.
Old Jun 20, 2014, 5:22 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Dynasty Frequent Flyer (Elite Plus),Accor Platinum
CI

From what i have read. CI gives Emerald status for 12 months for those in the top tier of respect airlines like Cathay or Singapore. If you have a lower level but still have lounge admittance in your own program they will likely offer you gold then.

If you get 12 months Emerald then you will need to fly 70,000miles in that 12 months to keep it. So its a tough call especially when Discounted fares pay 0-50% mileage. Even close to full price fares bay 80-100% and no bonus miles unless for flying during your the month of your birthday.
Old Jun 26, 2014, 6:40 pm

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
Originally Posted by tris06
From what i have read. CI gives Emerald status for 12 months for those in the top tier of respect airlines like Cathay or Singapore. If you have a lower level but still have lounge admittance in your own program they will likely offer you gold then.

If you get 12 months Emerald then you will need to fly 70,000miles in that 12 months to keep it. So its a tough call especially when Discounted fares pay 0-50% mileage. Even close to full price fares bay 80-100% and no bonus miles unless for flying during your the month of your birthday.
Can I clock the miles to DL and show CI Emerald card upon checkin to get the lounge invitation and priority tag on the bag?
Old Jul 30, 2014, 4:49 pm
Suspended

Programs: Silver:BA,VX,AB, QF. Gold:A3,RJ,AZ,GF, EY,SPG,Marriott,Choice, Carlson. Dia/Plat:HH,IHG,BW,Accor
I tried status match from Aegean Airlines gold to China airlines. They told me to purchase one flight first then they would consider. The best website about status matches: statusmatcher.com
Old Jul 30, 2014, 10:34 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

well

Originally Posted by benberg2013
I tried status match from Aegean Airlines gold to China airlines. They told me to purchase one flight first then they would consider. The best website about status matches: statusmatcher.com
Well thats not suprising because it would seem likely they wont win a customer if the customer is based in a city that they dont serve. Remember giving out Emerald memberships do cost them as they have to pay partner airlines if you use the sky team lounges. So hence they want to actually get people who will intend to travel with them to show returns.

I think you may see the number of Emeralds given out slow down as really they have been easily given out in the first 6 months of the year.
Old Jul 30, 2014, 10:40 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Yes and no

Originally Posted by lingua101
Can I clock the miles to DL and show CI Emerald card upon checkin to get the lounge invitation and priority tag on the bag?

You would have to check-in using your Delta membership as your ticket says you are using your them not CI and hence no benifit for priority baggage unless your a skyteam-elit plus with Delta.

Lounge access would be a maybe... If he/she only takes a quick look at your boarding pass and card and does not notice your delta membership number at the bottom then you might get away with it. But if they do pick it up then your stuck with what you would normally get with Delta or they would allow you to use the business lounge not the emerald (old first class) lounge.

The staff are quite nice usually.
Old Apr 7, 2015, 11:57 am
Suspended

Programs: Hilton Diamond ANA Diamond
China Airlines easier

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.