Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > SkyTeam
Reload this Page >

Best and worst Skyteam lounges (by a ST airline or alliance lounge)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best and worst Skyteam lounges (by a ST airline or alliance lounge)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2014, 10:41 am

Programs: FB Plat./BA Gold (thanks BD)/A3 *Gold/HH Diamond/A Club Gold
Seriously, the NEW SU Domestic lounge at SVO is just horrible, horrible - and it is (fairly) new. It has most of what you want, but is the most horribly overcrowded place I have ever seen, not only are there not enough seats but they cram the people in anyway, so even the standing room is tight....

Even worse than the old KQ Lounge in NBO....
Old Jan 24, 2014, 6:38 am

Programs: Flying Blue, Miles and Smiles, Hhonors, ICHotels
One must feel sorry for KQ with a temporary facility after the fire that affected part of NBO airport. It really is not a place you want to be in for too long. And we have a six hour wait in March when we fly to CAN
Old May 14, 2014, 3:08 pm
ayg

Programs: SWA A List, HH Gold, Bonvoy Plat, Hertz PC
The PEK lounge that Delta can use is a special type of underwhelming. And it seemed to have even less air conditioning than the rest of the airport when I flew out on Sunday morning. The only saving grace was the case of water and drinks that was easy to get. I was directed to the "Business Class" side when using my Platinum Amex. Not sure if the HVAC was being redirected to the "First Class" side.

I was going to go over to the Air China lounge and use Priority Pass but after sticking my head inside it didn't seem much better.
Old Jan 23, 2015, 1:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: SBUX Gold
A vote for worst: VN's domestic lounge at SGN. It's laughable... depressing neon lights, crappy packaged snacks, stained and worn furniture, dirty and smelly bathrooms, and attendants that are clueless. You throw in clientele who think they run the place (designated VIPs are also sent to this lounge) and a smoking room where they not only not close the doors, but actively OPEN them when someone (read: me) tries to close them, and you have a pretty terrible embarrasment. of a lounge.

It's truly a lounge where I'm not quite sure one goes to because it's better than the main passenger terminal. It's a toss-up, at best.
Old Mar 23, 2016, 9:06 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
The KE lounges outside of ICN are awful. The one at GMP is small with few outlets and for breakfast they have two kinds of packaged snacks and muffins. The one at FUK is even worse, it's a windowless room the size of a living room so it gets crowded really quickly. Dinner snacks are again just packaged snacks.
Old Mar 28, 2016, 7:43 am

Programs: DL Gold, Hilton Platinum, Hertz Five Star and National Executive
Connection through SYD

I am going through SYD on friday. I'll let y'all know how the Skyteam lounge is there.
Old May 22, 2016, 3:08 pm

Programs: AA LT Plat (4m+), AF Plat, A3 Gold, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat/Ambassador
BOS is absolutely horrible.
BOD is also absolutely horrible but at least there are no mice there ;-)
Old May 23, 2016, 1:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by bostontraveler
BOS is absolutely horrible.
BOD is also absolutely horrible but at least there are no mice there ;-)
I think your information are completely outdated. The old BOS lounge was indeed horrible but the current one (which exists for 5-6 years now) is very decent. If you consider that horrible, then 95% of lounges worldwide are horrible.

And for BOD, there is a new lounge. I have never been but seeing the pictures, it seems to be decent too.
Old May 23, 2016, 3:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
Originally Posted by Goldorak
I think your information are completely outdated. The old BOS lounge was indeed horrible but the current one (which exists for 5-6 years now) is very decent.
Maybe not "very" decent, but certainly decent. And absolutely not horrible!^
Old Jun 8, 2016, 1:46 am

Programs: FB Gold - M&S Gold
Any update on the SV lounge in JED? I may have to spend 8h40 there next month so I'm wondering if it acceptable or not.

Same question with RUH on my way back, anyone has experienced those recently?
Old Jun 8, 2016, 6:26 am

Programs: TK M&S Elite, Saudia Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by Enthilza
Any update on the SV lounge in JED? I may have to spend 8h40 there next month so I'm wondering if it acceptable or not.

Same question with RUH on my way back, anyone has experienced those recently?
There is nothing to talk about JED lounge. its normal place to spend 8 hours in it.
I found RUH lounge much more better than JED. There are two lounges first&elite+ , business+elite.
BTW, all SV lounges is dry .
Old Jun 9, 2016, 4:24 am

Programs: FB Gold - M&S Gold
Originally Posted by Fahad1
There is nothing to talk about JED lounge. its normal place to spend 8 hours in it.
I found RUH lounge much more better than JED. There are two lounges first&elite+ , business+elite.
BTW, all SV lounges is dry .
Duly noted. Thanks Fahad.

Last edited by Enthilza; Jun 9, 2016 at 4:37 am
Old Jun 11, 2016, 3:41 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: FlyingBlue | Krisflyer | SPG | HHonors
CZ lounge in CAN is not bad at all. I prefer it to KE's lounge in ICN.
GA also has a pretty good lounge in CGK, both domestic and international.
DL in LAX and ATL is pretty good too.

For some of the worst lounges:
MU lounges in PVG is quite bad, and the fact it is their main hub makes it even worse. Though PVG T1 is under renovation and we should see a better lounge soon.
Old Jun 11, 2016, 9:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by quirrow
CZ lounge in CAN is not bad at all. I prefer it to KE's lounge in ICN.
I fully agree.
Old Jun 13, 2016, 10:55 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Dynasty Frequent Flyer (Elite Plus),Accor Platinum
Are you talking about the members lounge at the back or the business class , first class areas looking out to the planes?

The members lounge is good/average for china but below international standard.
Hell even CI dont send its Emeralds or Paragon members there however golds do get sent to the CZ members area.

Chongqing domestic lounge for members and elite plus is sad. Best you will find is mineral water, cup noodles, green tea and local peanuts snacks for example. Though space is not an issue and they do have a toilet inside.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.