Wiki Posts
Search

SkyTeam to India pricey out of ATL?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2013, 11:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold   |   Former: DL Diamond, HA Pualani Gold
SkyTeam to India pricey out of ATL?

I'm starting to look into business class flights from ATL to Hyderabad, India, for off-peak days in January.

British Airways can do it for about $5000/person, and with only a single transfer, at Heathrow. (Additional options via AA from O'Hare are also available.)

On SkyTeam (AirFrance), I can't get anything under $7500, and some of the more decent itineraries are $8k+.

I'm willing to pay perhaps a slight premium (10%) and deal with an additional transfer to stay on a Delta partner. But not 50-60% more.

Is there something special about the SkyTeam airlines' business product to India that makes it worth 50-60% more than those of the OneWorld partners?

(BTW, I also tried just looking at flights from ATL to BOM to avoid the Hyderabad rarity issue -- same issue between SkyTeam and OneWorld. Star Alliance was actually even cheaper here -- $4660 to BOM.)

Last edited by jkatzen; Jul 27, 2013 at 11:33 pm
Old Jul 28, 2013, 1:13 am

Programs: AA Gold, Alaska MVP; Free Agent Super Duper Diamond Treasure Chest ;)
Business class to DEL has been pretty reasonable on Aeroflot this summer. Perhaps try DEL with your dates in Jan.
Old Jul 28, 2013, 7:26 am

Programs: Delta DM (3 MM) ; Sky Club (Lifetime)
Just as with US Domestic travel, Delta (and Sky Team) service is most often priced significantly higher.
I do not believe that the quality is proportionally better, so your decision is essentially a personal choice.
Of note, you would most likely be happier if you are able to avoid BOM (especially a international>Domestic India transfer).
Old Jul 28, 2013, 10:03 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by jkatzen
I'm starting to look into business class flights from ATL to Hyderabad, India, for off-peak days in January.
Hub captive Skyteam premium. And no, AF business class does not warrant a premium over BA. More like the opposite.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.