Search

Who should I join with?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2013, 5:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Executive Club
Who should I join with?

Hi guys,

First of all hello, I'm a long time lurker but only just registered.

I have an unexpected tour coming up and all most of my flights have been booked on a Sky Team airline. As I am a Sky Team virgin I am just wondering who's FF program I should join.

Here is my itinerary for the next two weeks:

London - Shangai -China Eastern - Class K
Shangai-Hiroshima, -China Eastern - Class K
Osaka-Busan, -Korean Air - Class M
Seoul-Shangai, -China Eastern (operated by Shangai Airlines) - Class D
Shangai-Bangkok, -China Eastern -Class I
Bangkok-Dubai -Emirates - Class U
and finally
Dubai- London -Emirates - Class U

I am based in London and mostly fly within Europe most of the time.
North America sometimes

Thanks,

Salvador
Old Jul 12, 2013, 1:07 pm

Programs: DL Plat, OK Gold, TK Elite
Assuming you don't intend to stay with ST and just don't want your miles go waste, I'd probably be considering Flying Blue. You might get enough to redeem for an intra Europe promo award with no YQ.

Check out Alaska's Mileage Plan for Emirates and Korean flights. In case you're not about to fly EK again in the near future, you'd probably never collect enough for any reasonable redemption in Skywards but you might get somewhere with Alaska since their mix of partners is fairly good.
Old Jul 12, 2013, 9:11 pm

Welcome to FT! you may want to post your questions to the FB thread. FB members may be able to provide more insights of their program. Numerous FB sticky threads will provide more information regarding FB FF member. Regarding EK miles or other airlines miles, you may want to enroll into their FF member or AS Mileage Plan to accrue the miles. You can transfer those miles to your preferred hotel chain later.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.