Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Russia's Aeroflot considers leaving SkyTeam alliance: paper

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4, 2013, 12:17 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by irishguy28
The day of the alliance is coming to an end. They should just partner with the carriers they want to work with.
I actually agree with this. The point in alliances is slowly diminishing.
Old Oct 3, 2013, 9:33 am

Originally Posted by flyingcrazy
I actually agree with this. The point in alliances is slowly diminishing.
Not so sure. I will gladly travel with an alliance member because I do not have to research (too much) to know whether I will get miles for the flight, will have priority and lounge access, or extra luggage, or a good seat, etc... Basically it makes things (tend to being) seamless.

If airlines negotiate agreements one to one, it will be a mess for the travelers, they will never know what advantages are there for us and it won't matter much.

Now I understand this does not work so well: I have had AF refuse to give me miles for DL flights operated by one of their regional jet subsidiaries, MiNi miles with AF are a mess, lounge access and other similar services are not consistent enough... but it is still much better than individual agreements.

This business needs a lot of streamlining in my view but... it does not look like it will happen.
Old Dec 2, 2013, 6:14 am

Programs: |QF Platinum|DL Platinum|HH Gold|ALL Silver|
Originally Posted by irishguy28
The day of the alliance is coming to an end. They should just partner with the carriers they want to work with.
Which is one of the interesting broader points in this article, which states that Aeroflot has decided to stay, although less than wholeheartedly

http://centreforaviation.com/analysi...e--asia-141806
Old Dec 5, 2013, 6:33 am

From the CAPA article: "...Delta blocked Aeroflot's request to join their trans-Atlantic joint-venture". That's incorrect. J/Vs can only be implemented by carriers of countries with Open Skies Agreements. Russia and the US have yet to conclude an OSA. The point is moot until then.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.