Search

2nd Skyteam branded lounge to open this year - in SYD

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6, 2013, 3:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
2nd Skyteam branded lounge to open this year - in SYD

Due to open by the end of the year, and will be used by carriers including China Southern, China Eastern, Delta Airlines, Korean Air and Vietnam Airlines, and by Garuda Indonesia when it joins Skyteam next year.

3rd Skyteam lounge - in Beijing - due to open next year.

More at Business Traveller

Last edited by irishguy28; Jun 6, 2013 at 9:04 am
Old Jun 6, 2013, 6:53 am

Programs: QF, VN, SQ, SPG, IHG PG
Last time I checked CI is also a ST member who operates to SYD too

CI, MU, CZ, DL, KE, VN & GA
Old Jun 6, 2013, 8:09 am

Programs: |QF Platinum|DL Platinum|HH Gold|ALL Silver|
Aerolineas Argentinas would use it as well, as a SkyTeam member who operates to SYD.
Old Jun 6, 2013, 9:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Fine! I have inserted the word "including" in the first post, which was placed in front of the list of carriers in the source material and which I initially left out.
Old Jun 7, 2013, 12:44 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I thought DL was using the Virgin lounge in SYD, with DL elites flying Virgin having access to lounges elsewhere in Australia. Does this mean a choice of terminal areas for either DL or Virgin?
Old Jun 7, 2013, 1:00 pm

Programs: |QF Platinum|DL Platinum|HH Gold|ALL Silver|
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I thought DL was using the Virgin lounge in SYD, with DL elites flying Virgin having access to lounges elsewhere in Australia. Does this mean a choice of terminal areas for either DL or Virgin?
Virgin Australia's international flights use the Air New Zealand Koru lounge at Sydney's international terminal (as well as Brisbane and Melbourne). As does DL currently.
Old Jun 9, 2013, 3:13 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Dynasty Frequent Flyer (Elite Plus),Accor Platinum
So they likely to have 2 separate area's like the London lounge that i have read.

Concerning Elite or Elite plus access some airlines already offer lounge access for Elite members if the member is flying on their aircraft. Say like gold members on CI getting invitations currently to the Qantas lounge. It will be interesting if they switch to the new Skyteam lounge.
Old Jun 9, 2013, 3:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by tris06
So they likely to have 2 separate area's like the London lounge that i have read.
The London lounge has 2 floors, not two areas per se. (There is a small room reserved for "VIP guests" but mere Skyteam status does not make you a VIP. And it really is just a room.
Old Jun 10, 2013, 3:30 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Dynasty Frequent Flyer (Elite Plus),Accor Platinum
Oh ok from what it sounded like it was like that one of the floors was for the first class flyers which would be pretty big. I have not been to Heathrow for a long time so its all just from what i read.

I realise that elite plus status will get you into just the main area which is plenty. I was just adding before that sky team airlines might invite their elite members to the lounge if it becomes their nominated lounge if their program offers it.

For myself i hope they keep the Qantas lounge invitation going in CI so i can have my 2 choices.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.