Community
Wiki Posts
Search

News About SkyTeam

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2014, 4:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by deltaflyinglawyer
using prague as a hub airport for KE does not make any sense at all.
PRG may be interesting for KE to compete with long haul passengers in connection with Austrian, Swiss and to some extent Brussels Airlines.
Old Jul 6, 2014, 12:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: FB Platinum for Life
"SkyTeam Heathrow Lounge is open to passengers of all classes"

I haven't seen anything official from SkyTeam yet, but according to this article (SkyTeam Heathrow Lounge is open to passengers of all classes - in Spanish) the LHR/T4 SkyTeam lounge is now accessible to non-ST E+ pax travelling in economy upon payment of a 'small fee' at the door (amount not stated).

While I understand the airlines are keen to maximise their revenue any way possible and, for example, the KLM Crown lounges are already open to some fee-paying pax (only FB Silvers) - I would be concerned if this new policy led to over-crowding of the LHR/T4 lounge for ST E+ and J-class pax. If the Holideck lounge is still there (?) then I don't really see the need for the SkyTeam lounge to take fee-paying pax as well...
Old Jul 6, 2014, 1:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by KQ321
I haven't seen anything official from SkyTeam yet, but according to this article (SkyTeam Heathrow Lounge is open to passengers of all classes - in Spanish) the LHR/T4 SkyTeam lounge is now accessible to non-ST E+ pax travelling in economy upon payment of a 'small fee' at the door (amount not stated).

While I understand the airlines are keen to maximise their revenue any way possible and, for example, the KLM Crown lounges are already open to some fee-paying pax (only FB Silvers) - I would be concerned if this new policy led to over-crowding of the LHR/T4 lounge for ST E+ and J-class pax. If the Holideck lounge is still there (?) then I don't really see the need for the SkyTeam lounge to take fee-paying pax as well...
I fully agree with you. But I think what we see here is an adverse effect of DL transferring many flights to T3 due to their new JV with VS. And so they are trying to compensate the related loss of pax.
Old Jul 6, 2014, 2:01 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Goldorak
But I think what we see here is an adverse effect of DL transferring many flights to T3 due to their new JV with VS. And so they are trying to compensate the related loss of pax.
Good point. And if the T4 lounge does not become overcrowded, then I am not too concerned. (However, I don't know how many DL flights have moved to T3, but some 'new' SkyTeam flights have come to T4 in the past couple of years (eg: 2x SV 77W each day, 3x AM 787 weekly) so that should balance out usage somewhat - and they could also encourage ME to move over from T3...)

Interestingly, ST E+ pax flying DL out of T3 presumably don't get lounge access there, due to DL's recent rule change...
Old Jul 30, 2014, 8:21 am
Original Poster

Go Round Asia with SkyTeam

SkyTeam, the largest airline alliance in the Asia Pacific region, has launched its new Go Round Asia and South West Pacific Pass, providing customers with a flexible way to explore 26 countries. The latest in SkyTeam’s series of regional travel passes, the Go Round Asia and South West Pacific pass has been designed as a ‘mini-Round the World’ ticket that offers cost savings on flights operated by SkyTeam members serving these regions.
Key points:
  • 3 to 11 flights
  • Economy or business
  • Mileage bands of 13,000, 17,000 and 21,000 miles
  • Must begin and end in same country, with at least one stop in Australia/NZ
  • Can be purchased as little as 3 days in advance
  • Unlike other regional passes, does NOT need to purchased in conjunction with an intercontinental ticket
  • Does not appear to be available for sale online

Further information available at:
Go Round Asia and South West Pacific (SkyTeam.com)
Go Round Asia and South West Pacific (SkyTeam.biz)
Old Aug 6, 2014, 11:12 am

Programs: Flying Blue (LTPE) All (Gold)
The first ST Pass that allows to fly in business ^ (with Greater China)

Last edited by delanotre; Aug 6, 2014 at 11:17 am
Old Aug 7, 2014, 9:07 pm

KE downgrades more mileage earning classes with AF/KLM.
Many of the previous economy fares that earn 100% have been moved to 50%, 25%, 0% etc

At this rate, KE might as well just move out of Skyteam...
Old Aug 8, 2014, 12:21 am

Originally Posted by HawaiiO
KE downgrades more mileage earning classes with AF/KLM...
Surprised with these remarks for Flying Blue members:

Two screen shots of KE earning miles in 2012 and today

05/2012:

08/2014:

Can you precise the FF program, SkyPass, Flying Blue,...

AFAIK "Z" BC is today an upgrade award class

Last edited by delanotre; Aug 8, 2014 at 12:49 am
Old Aug 8, 2014, 1:30 am

This is for KE Skypass.
KE is making it really hard to earn miles on partner airlines, esp DL.

Old Aug 8, 2014, 1:32 am

Thanks for clarify.

Last edited by delanotre; Aug 8, 2014 at 1:40 am
Old Aug 19, 2014, 1:52 pm
Original Poster

SkyTeam Offers Yoga Sessions at London Heathrow

SkyTeam, the global airline alliance, is offering its customers a new way to relax pre-flight with the opening of a yoga pilot project in its Exclusive Lounge at London Heathrow’s Terminal 4.
Two month pilot project at the LHR/T4 lounge.
Old Aug 22, 2014, 1:47 pm
Original Poster

SkyTeam Customer Experience Survey

Disembarking from a recent flight (RO) all pax were handed a card announcing a SkyTeam 'Customer Experience Survey' (with the chance to win 2 roundtrip tickets).

The link (www.skyteam.com/yourfeedback) is shown on the SkyTeam website homepage, so it seems anyone can provide feedback on recent flights (not only those who have received the card).

Some quite in-depth (and relevant) questions - but the survey doesn't allow one to go back at all (which is irritating if you discover that a question has been mis-interpreted). For example, I put in my initial and final destination, and so it missed my transfer point (it seems I should have put in my departure point and transfer point, and then added the connecting leg(s)).
Old Aug 31, 2014, 1:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by KQ321
Good point. And if the T4 lounge does not become overcrowded, then I am not too concerned. (However, I don't know how many DL flights have moved to T3, but some 'new' SkyTeam flights have come to T4 in the past couple of years (eg: 2x SV 77W each day, 3x AM 787 weekly) so that should balance out usage somewhat - and they could also encourage ME to move over from T3...)

Interestingly, ST E+ pax flying DL out of T3 presumably don't get lounge access there, due to DL's recent rule change...
The JV between DL and VS allows DL Diamond and Plats. to access the Virgin Clubhouses when flying Y. Golds are only allowed access to the LHR Clubhouse when flying paid J on either VS or a DL flight operating out of T3 (JFK/BOS/SEA). However Golds flying Y can access Clubhouses in the US. Also note that the passenger must be flying to/from the UK on the same day.
Old Aug 31, 2014, 1:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by flyerCO
Golds are only allowed access to the LHR Clubhouse when flying paid J on either VS or a DL flight operating out of T3 (JFK/BOS/SEA).
What's the point being gold here ? Because they have lounge access because of the J ticket anyway.
Old Aug 31, 2014, 2:38 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by flyerCO
The JV between DL and VS allows DL Diamond and Plats. to access the Virgin Clubhouses when flying Y.
And what about other (non-DL) ST E+s in Y? I assume they don't get any lounge access on VS-metal, as that's non-SkyTeam, but what about the DL-metal flights out of T3? (The link mentioned earlier includes LHR as having a third party lounge which would be affected by DL's recent rule-change; and that can't be the SkyTeam lounge in T4, so presumably it means for DL flights out of T3...)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.