Search

skyteam elite & skypriority

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2012, 11:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Skymiles
skyteam elite & skypriority

Hi all,

got a question about recent changes in SkyPriority.

I will soon reach Silver with DL, thus ST Elite.
I'm usually flying with MU, CZ or AF. I've seen that priority boarding and priority check-in are reserved to Skypriority members, ST Elite plus.
Yet on ST website it states that priority check-in and boarding are both for Elite & Elite plus members.

http://www.skyteam.com/en/Why-SkyTea...kyTeam-Status/

If I cannot have any benefit at all (no lounge, no priority, nothing...) what is the sense of being Elite (non plus)?

Thanks!!!
Old Oct 23, 2012, 1:56 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
At least when flying DL, you do get somewhat early boarding in zone 1, special check in lines (SkyPriority in most smaller airports), and special security lines in some airports. IIRC a free bag is a SkyTeam Elite benefit on any SkyTeam flight. On DL you get premium seats and free domestic EC during OLCI. IIRC you get a discount on KLM and DL international EC fees.
Old Oct 23, 2012, 2:18 am

Programs: Platinum for Life Flying Blue; LH FTL
as per my experience, the individual FFP will give more perks to their own members.
This is to promote people to fly with their FFP partner airlines.

For example Flying Blue Silvers can enjoy SkyPriority at check in and during boarding when flying FB partner airlines. At AMS Silvers also can use Fast track security. Normally these would qualify as Elite Plus benefits.

When flying with other sky team members, they have normal elite benefits.

In your case DL elite on MU gives no skypriority. In my case MU elite gives me skypriority+lounge on MU, but not on DL.
Old Oct 23, 2012, 11:59 am

Programs: Delta Silver, HH Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Platinum
I have had no problem with priority check-in and boarding. Indeed with DL, you won't be Skypriority but with Zone 1.
Usually the signs at check-in/boarding say:
Skypriority passengers
We also welcome Skyteam Elite

Some airlines DO have seperate counters for Skyteam Elite and Skypriority.
You certainly have priority during your trip, Skyteam Elite beats *A big time.
Old Oct 23, 2012, 11:13 pm

Programs: Spire RA, 1865 Voyager, Bonvoy Titanium, FB LP, LH SEN.
Originally Posted by alphadraconis
Hi all,

got a question about recent changes in SkyPriority.

I will soon reach Silver with DL, thus ST Elite.
I'm usually flying with MU, CZ or AF. I've seen that priority boarding and priority check-in are reserved to Skypriority members, ST Elite plus.
Yet on ST website it states that priority check-in and boarding are both for Elite & Elite plus members.

http://www.skyteam.com/en/Why-SkyTea...kyTeam-Status/

If I cannot have any benefit at all (no lounge, no priority, nothing...) what is the sense of being Elite (non plus)?

Thanks!!!
MU and CZ call elites for priority boarding; furthermore, there is a seperate check-in counter for Elites at the first class check-in area.

Lounge access is generally not a benefit of E/E+ on domestic flights, unless you are flying your FFP carrier.
Old Oct 28, 2012, 6:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Skymiles
Thank you all for your answers!

Maybe I'll consider MU FFP, yet it seems to be quite useless...
Old Oct 29, 2012, 7:33 am

Originally Posted by alphadraconis
Thank you all for your answers!

Maybe I'll consider MU FFP, yet it seems to be quite useless...
I have, numerous times, said that I simply cannot understand why anyone would even consider joining MU or CZ FFPs. They are useless and the only benefit you get (lounge access on domestic flights) certainly does not outweigh the multitudinous disadvantages.
Old Oct 29, 2012, 9:22 am

Programs: Delta Silver, HH Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Platinum
Unless one is travelling on a lot of Chinese domestic flights. Then lounge access might be worthwhile.
Old Oct 29, 2012, 7:14 pm

Originally Posted by KLflyerRalph
Unless one is travelling on a lot of Chinese domestic flights. Then lounge access might be worthwhile.
Fully agree with your point.

I can add an unpublished benefit for MU that I am very fond of: access to seats in the first 3 rows eco (row 31-33) at check-in. You have to ask/insist for them, but ur status qualifies you
Old Oct 29, 2012, 8:19 pm

Originally Posted by wjv144
Fully agree with your point.

I can add an unpublished benefit for MU that I am very fond of: access to seats in the first 3 rows eco (row 31-33) at check-in. You have to ask/insist for them, but ur status qualifies you
These rows are also available for STE+, not just for MU FFP members, and even unlocked at OLCI after you enter your FFP number, except row 31 ABC.

I don't think MU's lounges are worth it, I rather go T-45 to the airport.
Old Oct 30, 2012, 7:19 pm

Originally Posted by Chinatrvl
even unlocked at OLCI after you enter your FFP number, except row 31 ABC.
Would you care to share with me how you manage to perform OLCI with domestic MU flights, not having a chinese ID card?

With OCLI I would be tempted to arrive at T-30
Old Oct 30, 2012, 9:28 pm

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.5; en-us; U8800Pro Build/HuaweiU8800Pro) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

if you can't olci, use their phone app for shanghai departures.
Also works for advance seat assignments on domestic routes; works also with ctrip.
Old Jun 8, 2022, 1:08 am

Programs: BA Gold, Amex Plat, Meli Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, ITA Elite Plus
Does anyone know if a skyteam elite plus member can take a guest through the fast track / priority security (at AMS) or is it just the member themselves that can use it?
Old Jun 13, 2022, 1:49 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AF Gold / Accor Gold / Hilton Diamond / TP Silver / A3 Gold
Originally Posted by dislikeofturningright
Does anyone know if a skyteam elite plus member can take a guest through the fast track / priority security (at AMS) or is it just the member themselves that can use it?
no guest in theory

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.