Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > SkyTeam
Reload this Page >

Switching from one Skyteam lounge to another?

Old Sep 10, 2012, 9:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, HH Diamond

I am flying in business class JFK-ICN-HKG on Korean Air. When I check into JFK at Terminal 1, I wanted to check out Air France lounge as I hear it is better then the KE lounge. Will the AF lounge shoo me away and tell me to go to the KE lounge since thats who I am flying? Or can I hop from one skyteam lounge to another in both JFK and HKG?
Old Sep 10, 2012, 10:16 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
You should be able to use whatever lounge you want based on your SkyTeam ElitePlus status and international itinerary. I've lounge hopped at NRT with no issues, although the AF lounge there does photocopy the ticket and IIRC passport, presumably to get paid for the visit. If a lounge marks your boarding pass, as UA does at NRT for example, you might not be able to then visit another lounge easily.

However, if you use the ticket in biz for lounge access, your carrier may tell you which lounge to use, presumably theirs, which is an advantage in IROPs or if boarding is delayed as there will probably be announcements and rebooking options only in the carrier's own designated lounge, so you might want to use the operating airline's lounge close to flight time.
Old Sep 10, 2012, 11:08 am

Programs: Delta, Avios, Chase
Will not be an issue at JFK. I did the reverse - used the KE lounge prior to going to AF lounge because the KE lounge was quieter and I needed to get some work done. AF lounge is also used by AM and SU passengers, so it gets crowded. I haven't managed to find the Alitalia lounge yet in T1...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.