Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > SkyTeam
Reload this Page >

Possible to use Delta Skymiles to book on Alitalia?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2012, 10:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: Continental

Need to fly FCO-PMO...
Old Jan 17, 2012, 10:45 am

Programs: DL Gold, SkyClub, AA PLT, CO Silver, AS MVPGLD
Yes although you will need to contact a Delta agent so they can look up availability and deduct your miles for the flight(s).
Old Jan 17, 2012, 11:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: Continental
thanks
Old Jan 18, 2012, 4:33 am

Programs: BA Silver; HHonors Gold; SPG Gold; Points but dirt with everyone else
You can also check availability in ExpertFlyer or using the FlyingBlue engine. However, I would not redeem for just FCO-PMO, since DL will charge you the YQ. (Unless you mean you're flying into FCO from outside Europe on an award ticket and want to add on FCO-PMO...then no YQ.) The YQ will probably be more than a discounted coach ticket, making it only worthwhile if revenue tickets are very expensive but there's an award seat available.
Old Jan 20, 2012, 3:56 pm

Programs: ITA Executive for life; AZ CFP "per sempre" (ST E+); LH SEN; BA Bronze
Originally Posted by mtkeller
You can also check availability in ExpertFlyer or using the FlyingBlue engine. However, I would not redeem for just FCO-PMO, since DL will charge you the YQ. (Unless you mean you're flying into FCO from outside Europe on an award ticket and want to add on FCO-PMO...then no YQ.) The YQ will probably be more than a discounted coach ticket, making it only worthwhile if revenue tickets are very expensive but there's an award seat available.
Definitely agree with the above, in particular if they charge the same amount of taxes that AZ charges.
Old Jan 28, 2012, 11:51 am

Programs: DL DM/1MM, AA EXP, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Platinum
I have NEVER been able to book an award flight with then, despite multiple attempts. Good luck!
Old Jan 28, 2012, 2:13 pm

Programs: ITA Executive for life; AZ CFP "per sempre" (ST E+); LH SEN; BA Bronze
Originally Posted by SOBE ER DOC
I have NEVER been able to book an award flight with then, despite multiple attempts. Good luck!
Dunno the partner availability, but I find awards on AZ rather easy to book, you just need some flexibility. Were you looking for J or Y awards?
Old Jan 29, 2012, 3:11 pm

Programs: BA Silver; HHonors Gold; SPG Gold; Points but dirt with everyone else
Originally Posted by SOBE ER DOC
There are many reports of success on the DL forums, but it does seem that you often have to ask the agent to do a long sell.
Old Feb 1, 2012, 12:56 am

Programs: AA Plat, SPG Gold, Hertz Gold
Not every DL agent can find it

You may have to call in a couple times before finding a DL agent who knows their way around the system: For an upcoming trip, there wasn't low-level seats available for VCE-CDG direct anywhere, but I had found VCE-FCO-CDG on AZ through the FlyingBlue website. The DL Agent had to put me on hold and "use another system" to get the AZ seats to come up.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.