Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SkyTeam Introduces SkyPriority For Top Customers

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2013, 12:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by Calchas
Okay okay! I've never been to RNS before.
Yes, don't worry . I took a flight from RNS today and cleared security in 2 min (1 pax before me).
AF/HOP check-in counters have a priority desk (although not labeled as SkyPriority but listing the usual class of travel and FFP cards eligible). I don't know how it works for BE flights (ground ops done by AF/HOP or other staff ?). No priority lane for security but, again, not really needed.
Old Aug 6, 2014, 1:47 pm

Programs: FB Platinum for Life
SkyPriority: 20 member airlines, the same red carpet

Further to my post above, regarding the information about SkyPriority in the April 2013 edition of Msafiri, and also the June 2014 SkyTeam press release, the SkyTeam page in the latest edition of Tarom's inflight magazine provides a bit more clarity on some planned new initiatives:

Originally Posted by Insight - June-July 2014 - Tarom
Furthermore, the alliance recently implemented dedicated SkyPriority counters at baggage desks in arrivals halls of all hubs. Member airlines are also working in new initiatives that will be integrated into SkyPriority, such as priority seating on board and priority access to call centers.
If done well, I think that priority seating could be a very positive enhancement. And 'priority access to call centers' seems to make more sense (given the alliance's existing structure) than the 'dedicated SkyPriority Call Centre' mentioned earlier.
Old Aug 6, 2014, 1:56 pm

Programs: FB Platinum for Life
SkyPriority Airside Buses Planned For Nairobi?

Given that bus gates can easily negate the benefits of priority boarding (as you have to wait a long time on the bus anyway; and first on the bus can easily mean being last off), this seems to be a very interesting initiative by KQ:

Alongside the new airside bus deliveries, plans are also at an advanced stage to introduce dedicated executive buses for SkyPriority guests at JKIA for the exclusive use of Kenya Airways and its SkyTeam carriers’ network partners.
I think I've seen some airports that provide separate buses for J-class pax (or cars for F-class pax...) but it's good to see KQ explicitly mentioning 'SkyPriority' in this initiative...
Old Aug 7, 2014, 3:21 am

Programs: FB LTPE, BAEC GGL, EK Blue, SK Gold, Marriott Amb+LTT, IHG Diamond Amb, Accorhotels Silver
Kudos to KQ!
Indeed, priority boarding does not mean anything for bus boarding...
But some major airports in France also struggle with priority boarding... ORY being the most significant one!
Old Aug 13, 2014, 12:35 pm

Programs: ITA Executive for life; AZ CFP "per sempre" (ST E+); LH SEN; BA Bronze
Originally Posted by KQ321
Given that bus gates can easily negate the benefits of priority boarding (as you have to wait a long time on the bus anyway; and first on the bus can easily mean being last off), this seems to be a very interesting initiative by KQ
Hit and miss, but AZ is doing that at FCO.
Old Aug 13, 2014, 6:20 pm

Programs: FB LTPE, BAEC GGL, EK Blue, SK Gold, Marriott Amb+LTT, IHG Diamond Amb, Accorhotels Silver
Originally Posted by raistlin
Hit and miss, but AZ is doing that at FCO.
Do they? From what I saw, they just put a "SkyPriority" sticker on each of the forward doors of the buses, but the buses are mixed and nobody is checkin anything... Which is anyway unrealistic as they can't put an agent on each bus...
Old Aug 17, 2014, 6:10 am

Programs: ITA Executive for life; AZ CFP "per sempre" (ST E+); LH SEN; BA Bronze
Originally Posted by olivedel
Do they? From what I saw, they just put a "SkyPriority" sticker on each of the forward doors of the buses, but the buses are mixed and nobody is checkin anything... Which is anyway unrealistic as they can't put an agent on each bus...
On unloading and loading intercontinentals, when they happen to be at a remote stand, they always do it.

For medium haul they TEND to do it at FCO but not always. They definitely don't do anything like that at LIN.
Old Aug 17, 2014, 6:27 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Some time ago, Aegean (now*A) guaranteed a separate bus for their business class passengers. I also saw them provide a separate car for VIPs.
Old Aug 18, 2014, 1:47 am

Originally Posted by raistlin
On unloading and loading intercontinentals, when they happen to be at a remote stand, they always do it.
You mean having a dedicated bus?
Old Aug 25, 2014, 8:01 am

Originally Posted by olivedel
You mean having a dedicated bus?
Yes. Magnifica (and maybe Classica Plus, I don't remember) are unloaded first on a dedicated bus.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.