Community
Wiki Posts
Search

nyc to croatia points help

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2011, 9:11 am
Original Poster

nyc to croatia points help

im trying to get a decent non stop flight to europe on points and then take a flight from wherever i fly into to Split or Dubrovnik

i have points on continental and the only non stops im seeing are to london and laning fees in london are crazy expensive

any help is much appreciated
Old Jun 20, 2011, 12:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Continental is no longer in SkyTeam. Are you looking to use Continental miles, or for a purchased SkyTeam routing?

With CO miles, look for Lufthansa via Hamburg, Frankfurt, or Munich to Split; or on Austrian from Vienna to Split. Austrian from Vienna to Dubrovnik may also be an option.
Old Jun 21, 2011, 3:48 am

Programs: Flyingblue Platinum, All Accor Platinum, M&M Senator
If you plan to use CO points just remember that the Croatian Flag carrier "Croatia Airline" is partner of Star Alliance.

Croatia is a regional carrier and does not operate long haul flights. They have recently activated some codeshares with SAS for flights between NYC and Zagreb via Copenhagen.

Other solution is to take any flight from US to any european hub where Croatia Airlines operates (basically any major European city) then continue your journey to Croatia using Croatia airlines to Split or Dubrovnik (in the summer season they operates many flights).

It may be usefull to check the Staralliance booking tool on www.staralliance.com

If you want to use Sky team you have only one option with Alitalia from Rome to Dubrovnik.
Otherwise AirFrance has daily flights from Paris to Zagreb only.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.