Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Shopping list for Skyteam?

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2011, 9:14 am

Programs: DL/KM Platinum, STE+, Hertz Prezzie
Originally Posted by jimrpa
There are some of us, even very frequent flyers, who don't have the two letter abbreviations for every airline in the world memorized, and who don't know how to quickly decode them (or who don't have the patience to decode long lists one-by-one). How about posting your "dream teams" in human-readable form so us mere mortals can enjoy the fun?
Sorry. Quantas for me. Just Quantas for coverage between Australia and Europe speaking as a STElite who's about to relocate temporarily. ST has too much coverage over Europe (the europeans may disagree) compared to what we have down under.

And it'll never happen so I can only dream.
Old May 12, 2011, 9:16 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Vuelos
Uh this is FT... That's either gate checked or checked to your final destination
Gotcha. And some carry it with them and others. Some never find it the final destination while some never had anything to check at the gate or anywhere else. FT is a microcosm of the world we live in.
Old May 12, 2011, 9:21 am

Programs: BA Silver; HHonors Gold; SPG Gold; Points but dirt with everyone else
Originally Posted by bcapehart
Sorry. Quantas for me. Just Quantas for coverage between Australia and Europe speaking as a STElite who's about to relocate temporarily. ST has too much coverage over Europe (the europeans may disagree) compared to what we have down under.

Wouldn't bringing the Virgin group on board take care of most of what QF could bring? There'd be TPAC and Oz/NZ from VA and EU-Down Under via VS. To get more EU connections working through AMS and CDG, perhaps a focus city or something in SIN or HKG where you could seamlessly switch from VA/VS to AF/KL or vice versa. (Oh, and it's Qantas, btw, no u.)
Old May 12, 2011, 9:38 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bcapehart

I didn't know people were going to lust after airlines already hitched to other alliances. An alliance could tempt an airline out of another alliance. But that is a different involving a different sets of issues and caters more to personal taste then widening the coverage of Skyteam.

P.S. I am assuming that the Virgin Australia and/or Virgin Atlnatic and their affiliates are on the way to joining Skyteam.

Skyteam also needs a stronger alliance with full accruaa and redemption.
If Skyteam gets 9W, then UL might be redundant.

Last edited by Yaatri; May 12, 2011 at 9:48 am
Old May 12, 2011, 9:42 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mtkeller
Wouldn't bringing the Virgin group on board take care of most of what QF could bring? There'd be TPAC and Oz/NZ from VA and EU-Down Under via VS. To get more EU connections working through AMS and CDG, perhaps a focus city or something in SIN or HKG where you could seamlessly switch from VA/VS to AF/KL or vice versa. (Oh, and it's Qantas, btw, no u.)
Maybe we can tow Australia to a location off the Atlantic coast of Europe. Towing New Zealand would be a cinch then.
Old May 12, 2011, 9:50 am

Originally Posted by Yaatri
Maybe we can tow Australia to a location off the Atlantic coast of Europe. Towing New Zealand would be a cinch then.
It seems that would be a way to bring about some significant climate change that everyone will believe is happening.
Old May 12, 2011, 9:59 am

Programs: Delta Gold Medallion
  • Flour
  • Cheese (real)
  • Sugar
  • Ground Beef
  • Soda
  • Shampoo
  • Deodorant
  • Baking soda
  • Chocolate Chips
  • Milk
  • Ice
  • Butter
  • Batteries
Old May 12, 2011, 11:13 am

Programs: DL DM & 2MM
MH (Malaysia Airlines)
one of the Gulf-area airlines (no, SV (Saudi Arabian Airlnies) doesn't count -- EK, QR or EY, though I know it will never happen)

But continuing recent trends I actually predict the next member will be JS (Air Koryo). And also that FTers will complain that JS gives 0% mileage for many discounted Y fares and only 50% mileage for many others, and that their award redemption calendar is broken...
Old May 12, 2011, 12:18 pm

Programs: DL MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, HHonors Gold
I understand your frustration. I have, on numerous occasions, have had to look up the lis of airline codes.
Cool! Would you mind starting the trend by decoding your list(s)?
Old May 12, 2011, 1:49 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by n301dp
  • Flour
  • Cheese (real)
  • Sugar
  • Ground Beef
  • Soda
  • Shampoo
  • Deodorant
  • Baking soda
  • Chocolate Chips
  • Milk
  • Ice
  • Butter
  • Batteries
I have never flown on any of these airlines. As a matter of fact, I have never even heard of them, let alone about their codes.

OR are you one of those who gate checked it, or never had anything to check?
Old May 12, 2011, 1:56 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jimrpa
Cool! Would you mind starting the trend by decoding your list(s)?
Actually, the codes I have mentioned, with the exception of maybe UL, are of well know airlines with international operations spread over as many as four continents. Google is your friend. I am more concerned about names such as flour, Cheese (real), Sugar, Ground Beef, soda, Shampoo, Deodorant, Baking soda, Chocolate Chips, Milk, Ice, Butter, Batteries. You help me with the above codes, then if you are unable to find the airlines whose codes I have mentioned, I will help try to help you.
Old May 12, 2011, 2:31 pm

Programs: Delta Gold Medallion
I have never flown on any of these airlines. As a matter of fact, I have never even heard of them, let alone about their codes.

OR are you one of those who gate checked it, or never had anything to check?
Here I was, thinking SkyTeam was going to bake me a nice cake and serve a nice meal.
Old May 12, 2011, 4:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
What is leftover once the pretty ones join Star and 1W.
Old May 12, 2011, 4:44 pm

Originally Posted by UA Fan
How's MS working out for you guys?

(Ducks and hides since we got stuck with the looker that is SV.)
Old May 12, 2011, 4:48 pm

Programs: DL; AA; UA; CO; LHLX; NZ; QR; EK; BA
Originally Posted by UA Fan
Oh yes, Star Alliance, home to the stunning Egyptair, the gorgeous LOT Polish, the beautiful Spanair, the amazing US Airways, and soon, the crown jewel of them all, Air India!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.