Search

Which option??

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2011, 6:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Too many
Smile Which option??

Hi Everyone

I am travelling to Europe in July and doing a few flights. I have joined Millemiglia but wondering if perhaps having points go to skyteam is a better option?

My flight schedule looks like this

DEP: MEL TO KUL, KUL TO FCO, FCO TO SUF

FLIGHT NUMBERS: 3077, 7231, 1165

DEP : SUF TO FCO

FLIGHT NUMBER: AZ1166

DEP :NCE TO CDG

FLIGHT NUMBER: AF7701

DEP: CDG TO FCO, FCO TO KUL, KUL TO MEL

FLIGHT NUMBERS: 7303, 7230, 3076

The long legs are codeshare with Malaysia though purchased with Alitalia, and the inter flights are either Alitalia or Airfrance.

I also has 40,000 Virgin Atlantic Flying Club points which i can use down the track on a codeshare flight with malaysian.
A little confused as want to gain as many points as possible preferably with the one company or alliance, and don't like scattered points everywhere. I have also set up my Accor card to credit hotel stays to the Millemiglia program.

Any suggestions or information appreciated.
Old Apr 16, 2011, 1:33 am

As I've pointed out in the other thread MilleMiglia is a SkyTeam program, there isn't as of yet a program named "Skyteam", each airline has its own FFP. Most of the miles will be earned on the Long-Haul flights, unless you're in a very high booking class, so it might be worth comparing earning rates to see wether you should start with MM or keep your Virgin account. It also all depends on your future movements ofc. Bear in mind that QF, MH and 9W are all AZ partners so you are not lost if your main base is Oceania, even though AZ metal doesn't generally fly to that area a lot.

Last edited by bungler; Apr 16, 2011 at 1:39 am
Old Jun 14, 2011, 3:41 pm

Originally Posted by Jinxy
Hi Everyone

I am travelling to Europe in July and doing a few flights. I have joined Millemiglia but wondering if perhaps having points go to skyteam is a better option?

My flight schedule looks like this

DEP: MEL TO KUL, KUL TO FCO, FCO TO SUF

FLIGHT NUMBERS: 3077, 7231, 1165

DEP : SUF TO FCO

FLIGHT NUMBER: AZ1166

DEP :NCE TO CDG

FLIGHT NUMBER: AF7701

DEP: CDG TO FCO, FCO TO KUL, KUL TO MEL

FLIGHT NUMBERS: 7303, 7230, 3076

The long legs are codeshare with Malaysia though purchased with Alitalia, and the inter flights are either Alitalia or Airfrance.

I also has 40,000 Virgin Atlantic Flying Club points which i can use down the track on a codeshare flight with malaysian.
A little confused as want to gain as many points as possible preferably with the one company or alliance, and don't like scattered points everywhere. I have also set up my Accor card to credit hotel stays to the Millemiglia program.

Any suggestions or information appreciated.
First option looks good.
Old Jun 22, 2011, 6:23 am

Programs: DL FO
As long legs are AZ coded but MH operated and MH is not (and never be) in ST, I do not think you can earn miles on other ST partners, even if they are MH partners.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/16583960-post17.html
It is a specific example but I think it is alliance-wide.

You need to look on the partner page of your FFP. It is stated to credit mileage on a ST flight, it should be ST operated.
IMHO, I would stick with MilleMiglia.

You also need to look at your booking class as all fares do not credit 100% of the mileage.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.