DL Ticket AF Metal

Old Apr 3, 2011, 8:20 pm
Original Poster

Question DL Ticket AF Metal

I'm ticketed on a four segment trip on a single ticket. Two of the segments are DL domestic flights and Delta ticketed me with DL flight numbers. The other two flights are international and are on AF metal. The outbound was ticketed with the DL codeshare flight number and the return was ticketed with the AF flight number. Should I get the AF flight number changed to the DL codeshare number? Is there anything "wrong" with having one segment with an AF number? Anything I should do?

I'm very confused. I can't log on to the AF website to check my seat assignments and the DL website won't let me pick a seat for the AF segment.

BTW, The domestic segments are economy and the int'l segments are Premium Economy.

I'M ALSO POSTING THIS ON THE DL BOARD SINCE IT GETS MORE TRAFFIC.

Last edited by FlyingHi4Now; Apr 4, 2011 at 6:24 am
Old Apr 3, 2011, 11:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by FlyingHi4Now
Should I get the AF flight number changed to the DL codeshare number? Is there anything "wrong" with having one segment with an AF number? Anything I should do?

I'm very confused. I can't log on to the AF website to check my seat assignments and the DL website won't let me pick a seat for the AF segment.

BTW, The domestic segments are economy and the int'l segments are Premium Economy.
There's absolutely nothing to worry about having DL or AF flight numbers. No change needed (and I'm not sure you can change it anyway if your ticket has already been issued).
For the seat, you should make a try on KL web site which has less bugs than AF one, or alternatively, call AF.
Old Apr 4, 2011, 4:31 am

Programs: DL DM; *A-Gold
Try to enter the AF website with your ticket number, that usually works. You'll then see the AF PNR number. It doesn't matter what carrier's code is put, the reason might be availability of seats in a specific booking class.
Old Apr 4, 2011, 6:18 am
Original Poster

Can't Enter AF Site

The Itinerary that Delta sent me shows a seat assignment on the AF flight. But when I went to check the online seating maps, it shows the seat available, not booked.

I tried the AF site using my ticket number and it still wouldn't let me log in.

This ticket was booked through a DL reservation agent since the online system doesn't allow for economy domestic mixed with premium economy international.

I don't have a good feeling about all this.
Old Apr 7, 2011, 1:52 am

Programs: Airlines: UA-CO, NH, AA, and DL Hotels: SPG, Accor, PC, and Marriott
Originally Posted by FlyingHi4Now
I'M ALSO POSTING THIS ON THE DL BOARD SINCE IT GETS MORE TRAFFIC.
That said, just for future reference cross posting is against the Flyertalk T&S agreement.

In regards to your flight, if you have a confirmation number, issued for the reservation, try both confirmation numbers on AF's website, PNR/Confirmation numbers are probably different. If no results, call AF as the flight is on their metal, they should (theoretically) be able to solve it.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.