Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > SkyTeam
Reload this Page >

Entering a Skyteam lounge...using Gold card from X but crediting miles to Y ???

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Entering a Skyteam lounge...using Gold card from X but crediting miles to Y ???

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2010, 12:23 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), Bonvoy Gold, ALL Silver
Originally Posted by Henry III
(b) just take any induced sarcasm with circa 25mg of sodium chloride.

Substitute the Na+ with K+ as I'm made believe that potassium chloride is be better for you, but not sure

Just remember that Potassium Chloride is toxic in excess amounts, but what do I know?
Old Aug 9, 2010, 3:04 am

Programs: FB Platinum for Life; BAEC Gold Guest List; Accor Gold.
Originally Posted by Cupart
Just remember that Potassium Chloride is toxic in excess amounts, but what do I know?
Also, as any half-decent geologist () will know, naturally-occurring potassium is (in small part) radioactive! (K40 -> Ar40, used to date rocks and stuff.)

-- H
Old Aug 17, 2010, 2:16 am

Programs: Skywards Gold, FB Silver, BA Silver, AMB PC Plat Amb, CX Gold, Hertz 5*,HH Gold,AClub Plat
Originally Posted by Cupart
Funny, as I have NEVER been asked to show my FB Card anywhere in the world. It's always based on the number printed on the BP and checked on the computer by the lounge dragons...

Great with consistency isn't it?
Of course, if you do not present another card, then they will just use the one on your BP.

But it is possible.
Old Sep 3, 2010, 2:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: FB Gold (E+),TK Elite(*A Gold)
Hi all,
I can finally close the thread with a final answer to my first question.

YES it is possible!

I was flying AZ and crediting my AZ account but using OK Gold card to enjoy lounges (and AZ Silver to shorten some terrible queues).
Finally I have been allowed to enter all AZ lounges in MIL and FCO and, after some checks, also the AGP lounge which is independently managed by Aldeasa.
In some cases they took note of the number of my card....in others not.
Old Sep 3, 2010, 3:18 pm

I am not surprized AZ Gold worked, but it is temperamentall. SkyTeam Elite PLUS gains you access. On some carriers Gold is is Elite Plus and on some (like Delta) Gold is simply Elite.

Seems unfair; well maybe not. On many carrier's programs mileage and thus qualifying miles are not always 100% of the miles flown depending on booking class. Earnings are deflated and thus the lower qualification requirements. This clearly benefits travelers on the other carriers who purchase 'high' tier fares.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.