Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Atlanta to Hyderabad on separate tickets

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2010, 10:54 pm
Original Poster

Atlanta to Hyderabad on separate tickets

I am going from ATL to BOM (on Delta), and BOM to HYD (on Jet Airways). This was booked on 2 separate reservations. There is a 7-hr overnight layover in Mumbai.

Couple of questions:
  1. I am told Delta and Jet Airways will do baggage interlinking, and that I should be able to check my bags all the way to HYD. While this may be true, my concern is this reliable? Would it be safer to just collect bags in BOM, and re-checking them again myself to HYD? Or can i trust Delta and Jet Airways to safely do the baggage handoff at Mumbai in the middle of the night?
  2. Same thing on my return trip - is it advisable to check bags all the way from HYD to ATL, and trust Delta and Jet to do the handoff in BOM, or should i do check only to BOM and re-check again to ATL so that I can be sure they dont get lost!
How reliable is this baggage interlinking between these 2 partners, Delta and Jet Airways?

Thanks!
Old Jun 21, 2010, 12:17 pm

Programs: Delta, Avios, Chase
You don't have an option. You need to pick up your luggage upon arrival to BOM to clear immigration and customs. Similarly, on the outbound, you will manually move your luggage to international check-in with DL from 9W. 9W may be able to tag your luggage all the way to your final destination, and vice versa, but you will still be required to pick it up in BOM, both ways.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.