Wiki Posts
Search

Europe Pass Help

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2010, 10:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: NW Plat
Europe Pass Help

I have booked a qualifying RT US Europe itinerary on DL and have struck out trying to ticket a Europe Pass through DL. They have issued me a confrimation and priced the itinerary (CPH - VIE, VIE - AMS, AMS, AMS DUS). All the flights are on KLM. After several conversations with DL, they say that KLM's system won't let them ticket the flights at the Europe Pass pricing, that there is nothing they can do about it and there is no one I can call. All calls from the US to KLM are rerouted back to DL, and the skyteam site says you have to call to book a Europe Pass. Any suggestions?
Old Apr 4, 2010, 1:29 pm

Programs: US Silver, CO, DL
Pretty much the same issue for me. I called DL several times and most of the agents I spoke with had absolutely no clue about the Euopean air passes. Calling AF worked better, but for my itinerary simply buying regular tickets worked out cheaper.

I'd suggest trying to call AF or AZ and see if they can help you out.

Another option is finding a travel agent - specifically one who knows a bit about European travel - maybe AAA if you're a member. They can ticket these as well although they may charge a ticketing fee.
Old Apr 5, 2010, 1:22 pm

Programs: DL PM
I had a similarly frustrating experience with multiple phone calls to Delta to get a European pass ticketed, but it did eventually work, and one of the legs was on KLM. I had to call a couple of times to find someone who was capable, and then had to explain the codes that needed to be available for each airline. Q class needs to be available for KLM. I wonder if they can't book the tickets because there is no Q class available for the flights you want.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.