Search

TAROM to join SKyteam in June 2010

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2010, 3:20 am
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: TK Gold, M&M FTL, QR Gold, HH Diamond, PCR Platinum
TAROM to join SKyteam in June 2010

Tarom finnaly announced on their website what many feared, that they will join Skyteam and join the FF program with AF/KL: http://www.tarom.ro/en/tarom-company...s-members.html

They already started to operate more flights to CDG and AMS, where the sevice is superior to AF/KLM, will see how the transition will go.
Old Jan 11, 2010, 8:07 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
I don't necessarily see this as a bad thing; the more options to choose from, the lower the prices for the consumer.
Old Jan 11, 2010, 3:21 pm

Programs: AZ FA+ - AmeX Plat - Starwood Gold - Hilton Silver - Avis Preferred - Hertz Gold
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8900/5.0.0.348 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/132)

I do agree with xandrios, why would you think it's a bad news?
Old Jan 11, 2010, 3:58 pm
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: TK Gold, M&M FTL, QR Gold, HH Diamond, PCR Platinum
It's great news for me as a local resident, who can now use Tarom and get miles credited to my CSA account.
It's bad news for existing Tarom Samrt Miles users who will be switched to FB on June 1st, together with 25% mile earnings and the other "great" benefits.

Like all other members have their own program, Tarom could have kept his own, there are many people in Romania who would have appreciated the Tarom benefits earned on SKyteam flights, instead of FB benefits...

LE: On 15-Jan they will publish all details about the changes.
Old Jan 11, 2010, 8:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I concur. Why is this a bad thing? If one has the need to fly to/thru Romania its a good thing, if not, why should you care as it has no effect on you?? Sort of like for years when people dreaded Aeroflot in Skyteam, which incidentally was a BRILLIANT move as Russia was just tarting to really boom, and it was great for us that had to fly to/thru Russia, furthermore as Aeroflot upgraded their planes and their inflight product became better than many other airlines.
Old Jan 12, 2010, 1:11 pm

Programs: AZ FA+ - AmeX Plat - Starwood Gold - Hilton Silver - Avis Preferred - Hertz Gold
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8900/5.0.0.348 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/132)

Alitalia already codeshared some flights good news to know mm members will be able to earn mm miles on all tarom's flights
Old Jan 14, 2010, 11:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by Zazza

Alitalia already codeshared some flights good news to know mm members will be able to earn mm miles on all tarom's flights
Really? I thought AF/KL didn't have more codeshare expansions from CDG & AMS hub yet.
Old May 8, 2010, 3:45 pm

Programs: Miles and More
With only three weeks left before June, does anybody have information about actual date when Tarom should join Skyteam? Also, it looks like there is no word anywhere about earnings and booking classes. I plan to book several flights on Tarom in June, connecting in OTP. It would be great if I can credit them to my OK Plus account to save my CSA miles from expiry.
Old May 17, 2010, 7:59 am

Programs: AF/KL, LX, IB
same question, there is no date anywhere on tarom website and nothing on skyteam website... anybody knows of a definitive date flying blue will work on tarom?
Old May 20, 2010, 2:39 am

Programs: A3/Gold, BA/Gold + other less precious metals
According to this:

http://atwonline.com/airline-finance...arom-june-0519

VN is joining on 10 June and RO on 25 June 2010.

Last edited by nomad1974; May 20, 2010 at 2:56 am
Old May 20, 2010, 11:13 am

Programs: DL DM/2MM Marriott Platinum, HH Diamond,
It is a bit mystifying to me that if membership for VNis to be in effect in a mere 20 days, and TO in about a month, that all the infrastructure requirements have not already been met!
Old May 28, 2010, 1:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by nomad1974
According to this:

http://atwonline.com/airline-finance...arom-june-0519

VN is joining on 10 June and RO on 25 June 2010.
Great! I can't wait to see RO & VN is entry into Skyteam Aliances sometimes in June.

What about GA or MH will ever to entry Skyteam Alliance in 2011? Where you want to know about others foreign airlines will joining into Skyteam. I know DJ will expect to joining the alliance. How much the times if DJ is considering to entry the alliance?
Old May 28, 2010, 1:55 am

Programs: A3/Gold, BA/Gold + other less precious metals
I hadn't noticed this before but check this out:

http://www.skyteam.com/about/carrier...remembers.html
Old Sep 11, 2012, 5:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
The Romanian government is actively trying to sell Tarom. Apparently the IMF is forcing the government to sell the airline so it may happen quickly. Bucharest airport might be sold off too.

I flew a round trip on RO this year and thought they were fine. But I guess they are losing far too much money. I hope the new owners keep it running OK and keep it in FB and ST.
Old Sep 12, 2012, 7:51 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by stimpy
The Romanian government is actively trying to sell Tarom. Apparently the IMF is forcing the government to sell the airline so it may happen quickly. Bucharest airport might be sold off too.

I flew a round trip on RO this year and thought they were fine. But I guess they are losing far too much money. I hope the new owners keep it running OK and keep it in FB and ST.
It could take some time to find a buyer. It's not obvious that they're a good investment, although I guess the aircraft--if TAROM owns them outright--would have some commercial value.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.