Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FF Difference? KE or DL

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2009, 3:18 pm
Original Poster

FF Difference? KE or DL

I'm planning on taking a trip to LAX-SGN on Korea Air. I know Delta and Korea Air are part of Star Team so either way I'll some mileage for FF out of this trip if I provide one FF membership number, right? So I'm wondering if the experts can chime in whether it's better to get a FF on KE or DL? I don't fly either one very often. Most of my trips are MHT (manchester, nh) to lax area.

Thanks in advance.
Old Nov 16, 2009, 3:27 am

Programs: M&M, FB, DL, BA, UA...
Make sure which booking class you are booked in and see if there are any differences crediting to either KE or DL. If you're US based, DL is probably a better choice since you can earn miles for non-flying activities (credit cards, shopping portals,etc.) but I suppose even KE offers a US based credit card. None of the Skyteam FF programs are particularly rewarding actually and only have DL account since my NW account was merged...
Old Nov 16, 2009, 8:04 am
Original Poster

thanks for the info..after doing some more searching on here it doesn't look like either one will be of much benefit since I don't fly DL or KE much.
Old Nov 16, 2009, 12:52 pm

Programs: M&M, FB, DL, BA, UA...
Since you won't fly enough to earn status you could also consider a non ST program like AS which seems to have a mix of Oneworld and ST air partners making it easier to combine "orphan" miles.
Old Nov 16, 2009, 1:59 pm
Original Poster

AS? I don't know what that is...I'm a total newb to the acronyms, sorry.
Old Nov 16, 2009, 3:11 pm

Programs: AZ FA+ - AmeX Plat - Starwood Gold - Hilton Silver - Avis Preferred - Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by mugen910
AS? I don't know what that is...I'm a total newb to the acronyms, sorry.
alaska airlines frequent flyer program.

alaska airline code is AS http://www.alaskaair.com/
Old Nov 17, 2009, 7:35 am
Original Poster

ah ok thanks so much.

I just checked and Korea Air has blackout dates for earning pts the same times I'm traveling on KE so I guess AS FF isn't going to do me much good. Thanks for the help.

Last edited by mugen910; Nov 17, 2009 at 7:49 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.