Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Buh Bye Continental Airlines from SkyTeam

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23, 2009, 11:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Fairmont Prem, SPG Gold, Priority Club Plat/IC Amb, AmEx Plat
Buh Bye Continental Airlines from SkyTeam

Just as NW flyers were welcomed, only fair to wish farewell to CO flyers. A reminder that today, 24 October 2009 is the last day of CO's membership in SkyTeam. Regardless of CO's relationship with the other ST airlines, it is always a negative when you lose a mileage earning and lounge partner.
Old Oct 24, 2009, 1:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
That's it! No more Continental in Skyteam and now, its gone forever!
Old Oct 24, 2009, 1:47 am

Location: Florida - Delta Charter DM/3.3MM; Lifetime SPG Plat; HH Gold;
I agree! I have been thinking about this loss all week,despite never utilizing CO's relationship with Delta.
Old Oct 24, 2009, 2:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by RunawayNFly
I agree! I have been thinking about this loss all week,despite never utilizing CO's relationship with Delta.
I will miss CO and it will be gone forever. So let's try to forgettable in the past. I am never flown on CO for a long time. So unfortunately, CO will be in Star Alliance to become to be with US, UA, OZ, AC, NZ, TA, TP, JJ, LH, SA, NH, AI, CA, SQ, TG and more.
Old Oct 24, 2009, 2:49 am

Programs: DL DM 1MM, LH M&M Senator
Too, bad. Now no easy Delta miles from MSY to IAH and points beyond on Air France.
Old Oct 24, 2009, 5:59 am

Programs: DL-Diamond; UA-Silver (moan); Hilton-DIA; Marriott-PPE; IHG-Plat; NC-Exec Elite
I fly both- but a big reason I fly DL now is because CO had announced to leave ST for *A - I already have bunches of *A miles thanks to old US realtionship; like to keep miels in both alliances - easier for ticket option when you're looking; now, have most in *A and building my ST kitty w/DL

So, I hate to see them leave ST, but am glad I still fly them.
Old Oct 24, 2009, 7:37 am

Programs: DL PM, DL MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG
Today is an important day. Besides it being my birthday , it is a sad day to see CO leave SkyTeam. I still don't understand WHY they HAD to leave because of the merger.

BM (Before Merger), we had 3 airlines to choose from with many reciprocal benefits, upgrades, MQMs, etc. Now we have only 1 airline with far fewer flight options. Clearly not a winner for us consumers.

I enjoyed CO metal and their 1st class service. I will truly miss their Presidents Club which is far superior to the current SkyClub facilities. So long CO - you will be missed!
Old Oct 24, 2009, 7:51 am

Programs: DL 2+ million/PM, YX, Marriott Plt, *wood gold, HHonors, CO Plt, UA, AA EXP, WN, AGR
Sad to see CO leave Skyteam - among other things, it means less award redemption opportunities.

OTOH, for me (in the DC area), it could be a big plus as IAD is dominated with Star Alliance airlines.... much as I dislike UA and despise US, if I can get status on CO it works to my benefit.
Old Oct 24, 2009, 8:24 am

Programs: DL 2MM PM;VSGld;EKGld; HilDia; HrtzPC; AvisPC; PP; AmbPlt; JumeiGld; MeliaPlt; TajPlt; ShangriDia
Too bad at LAX... After they gave up NW in Terminal 2, DL now has tons of flights that go out of the Continental President's Club concourse. I hope DL will come up with some avenue for lounge access in that terminal. I've taken a number of DL flights out of the gate right next to the CO club.

I know DL/NW ended their Priority Pass agreement, but I haven't heard that CO has done that. So I guess my saving grace will be to still have access to the President's Club through Priority Pass.

I'm sorry to see CO go.
Old Oct 24, 2009, 8:39 am
Suspended

I have to thank ST and DL for letting me discover CO. As a previous DL Plat because of ST I started to fly CO. Having moved to the west side of Manhattan, EWR has become my airport of choice over JFK in many cases. CO has affordable F fares, the planes are clean, there are decent opportunities to get BE seating on various domestic routes, meals are decent and service is pretty good. EWR has challenges with long security lines and delays, but the President's Clubs are generally nice, and offer the option of premium pay wines or a comp bar. I also think CO's new BF seating is terrific, and their international BF meal service is probably as close as any legacy carrier comes to the better foreign airlines. I do hope DL continues some of the positives such as the new BE seating, although I think they need to pick up the pace of the installations. However as a 5MM on AA, and as mentioned former DL Plat, for those who can buy F fares, I think CO is a step above the rest.

Plus the CO web site is great
Old Oct 24, 2009, 9:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, AS MVP75K, AA PlatPro, UA Premier, Disney AP
Sitting in the IAH Terminal E President's Club right now - doing a quick MSP-IAH-PHX-IAH-MSP mileage run today with a bump voucher I got from CO 3 weeks ago - figured I'd use it and get Delta miles rather than UA miles.
Old Oct 24, 2009, 9:23 am

Programs: Delta PM; Sheraton's Vistana BOD; SPG Gold
Originally Posted by cmh flyer
I will truly miss their Presidents Club which is far superior to the current SkyClub facilities.
I thought access to the Continental President's Club was extended to January
Old Oct 24, 2009, 9:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, AS MVP75K, AA PlatPro, UA Premier, Disney AP
Originally Posted by yogimax
I thought access to the Continental President's Club was extended to January
It is for members. For ST Elite Plus or premium cabin people, today's the last day of PC access.
Old Oct 24, 2009, 10:05 am

Location: Alexandria, VA, USA NW Platinum Elite Since 1999, United GoldMM, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz #1 Gold, IC Ambassador, Avis Chairman's
yea. I've been telling Scott that theyneed to get the codeshare agreementsin place for us, so we can take advantage of more flights. Carlson is such a pain with my dept, they were ADAMANT that CO was leaving ST next year.

Originally Posted by Global_Hi_Flyer
Sad to see CO leave Skyteam - among other things, it means less award redemption opportunities.

OTOH, for me (in the DC area), it could be a big plus as IAD is dominated with Star Alliance airlines.... much as I dislike UA and despise US, if I can get status on CO it works to my benefit.
Old Oct 24, 2009, 10:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
Originally Posted by LAXRuss
Too bad at LAX... After they gave up NW in Terminal 2, DL now has tons of flights that go out of the Continental President's Club concourse. I hope DL will come up with some avenue for lounge access in that terminal. I've taken a number of DL flights out of the gate right next to the CO club.

I'm sorry to see CO go.
The LAX PC is much better than the LAX SC; not always croweded, real snacks, and not need to take the same elevator the trash haulers use to get to the club.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.