Wiki Posts
Search

NRT-MEL Which carriers?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19, 2009, 5:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA, DL, A3
NRT-MEL Which carriers?

I'm looking for a flight from Tokyo to Melbourne.
By searching from skyteam web site, no any result returns. Then I tried to search from each carrier's web site directly. I found that Korean air and China Southern are candidates for me. Is there any other skyteam member that flies this route? I'd like to put miles on my DL account.
Old Oct 19, 2009, 5:24 am

Programs: QFF
There are no airlines that fly direct NRT-MEL. QF used to, then canned it mid last year. JL was thinking about replacing it, but that's unlikely to happen now. You'll have to connect somewhere.
Using SkyTeam, looks like the only one stop options are China Southern via Guangzhou or Korean Air via Seoul.
Old Oct 19, 2009, 5:32 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Himeno
Using SkyTeam, looks like the only one stop options are China Southern via Guangzhou or Korean Air via Seoul.
Correct. Those are the only ST options at all with service to MEL.
Old Oct 19, 2009, 6:18 am
Original Poster

Thank you for prompt responses.

BTW, how do you find flight information of all member in ST? As I mentioned, I did search from ST web site, but no any results.
Old Oct 19, 2009, 6:33 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by sakura
Thank you for prompt responses.

BTW, how do you find flight information of all member in ST? As I mentioned, I did search from ST web site, but no any results.
There used to be a SkyTeam Timetable application. The link went away from their webpage but if you search for the term timetable you'll get this link: http://www.skyteam.com/go/timetables.html.

For places like Australia it is easy because there is so little service that I just happen to know the answers. It is the result of too much time spent here on FT.
Old Oct 19, 2009, 8:52 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sbm12
There used to be a SkyTeam Timetable application. The link went away from their webpage but if you search for the term timetable you'll get this link: http://www.skyteam.com/go/timetables.html.
Thank you for the link.

I tried on-line version.
http://www.skyteam.com/go/flights.html
Although I specified the date and time that Korean Air operates, it can't find the flights.

Search Error
We are unable to find departing flights matching the criteria you specified. Please modify your selection and try again. (9100)

The database is not up-to-date?
Old Oct 19, 2009, 9:35 am

Programs: |QF Platinum|DL Platinum|HH Gold|ALL Silver|
Originally Posted by sakura
Thank you for the link.

I tried on-line version.
http://www.skyteam.com/go/flights.html
Although I specified the date and time that Korean Air operates, it can't find the flights.

Search Error
We are unable to find departing flights matching the criteria you specified. Please modify your selection and try again. (9100)

The database is not up-to-date?
It's a reflection of the fact that SkyTeam of all the alliances is most focused around US and European based flyers, as well as probably the least useful of the 3 alliance websites.
Old Oct 20, 2009, 1:50 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Supersonic Swinger
It's a reflection of the fact that SkyTeam of all the alliances is most focused around US and European based flyers, as well as probably the least useful of the 3 alliance websites.
If they don't focus on Asian flyers, I just continue flying star alliance.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.