Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Sixt | Sixt Card
Reload this Page >

Sixt Germany Porsche - Winter / All-season Tires on Sports Cars

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2024 | 9:55 pm
Original Poster
10 Countries Visited20 Countries Visited30 Countries Visited15 Years on Site

Programs: VA Platinum, SG Solitaire PPS, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, Hilton Diamond

Hi There,

I rent once or twice a year from Sixt Germany. For the last two summers I rented / upgraded to BMW M8s from Munich. In both cases, on hot days (30c+) I found they handled in an unusual fashion and when checking the tires I found they had fitted all-seasons, rather than summer tires (and in fact the rears were 265, rather than 285).

This year Porsche have done a deal with Sixt, and you can rent 911's in Germany.

Has anyone tried the 911 in Germany as yet (ideally at FRA). Do you know if they come on summer tires? I have one here in Australia, and I am damn sure I don't want to be driving on the autobahn on all-seasons.

Cheers.....
Old May 6, 2024 | 11:06 am

Programs: DL/HH/IHG/BW/Caesar's Diamond (Select), UA 1K, AA EXP, Marriott/MGM Gold, Hertz/Avis PC
Does anyone know what the other XSMR cars are? I initially had a guaranteed model reservation for a 911 GTS coupe but it is now a "or similar" reservation. Wondering what bait and switch might happen.
Old Jun 18, 2024 | 6:01 am
10 Countries Visited20 Countries Visited30 Countries Visited5 Years on Site

Programs: AAdvantage Gold, National Executive, Hilton Honors Gold, Bonvoy Gold
I can add one data point from July 2022. I rented an X4M Competition from FRA, and it had winter tires on it still.
Old Jul 13, 2024 | 3:12 pm
15 Years on Site

Programs: UA - 1MM, DL Diamond, AS MVP75, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by LBBflyer
I can add one data point from July 2022. I rented an X4M Competition from FRA, and it had winter tires on it still.
I reserved an X3 M Competition for this August, how did the X4M handle with winter tires? I am going to spend a day driving from FRA to Goppingen and back.
Old Jul 13, 2024 | 3:17 pm
10 Countries Visited20 Countries Visited30 Countries Visited5 Years on Site

Programs: AAdvantage Gold, National Executive, Hilton Honors Gold, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by andyh64000
I reserved an X3 M Competition for this August, how did the X4M handle with winter tires? I am going to spend a day driving from FRA to Goppingen and back.
I didn't push the handling very hard, as we mostly did Autobahn driving and my wife gets car sick. However, I did notice a bit of a softness to the tires that I didn't feel on my all seasons and summer tires I run at home.
Old Jul 15, 2024 | 7:40 am

Programs: DL 2.3mm DM, Hyatt Gold, Hertz President club, SPG Gold
The had a choice of a 911 GTS cabrio & an M8 Cabrio Competition in may, out of FRA both had summer tires. I agree the winter tires are no good but you can still run the all seasons top end unlike the winter tires. I have a 911 GTS booked for August but I am sure they will have the summer tires otherwise I will not rent the car. Keep in mind the winter was very long in the Alps this year. I was up in Swiss Apls the end of May & some of the passes were still closed. Not sure if that is why they had the wrong tires but I have never had that problem in the past.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.