Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Sixt | Sixt Card
Reload this Page >

Sixt refuses rental at counter due to address?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8, 2023, 3:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA, PC Plat

So ran into a weird issue...I did a last minute "Express Deal" rental via Priceline for my husband, and was Sixt was the supplier. He got to the counter to pick it up, and they refused to rent him the car, because our address is a business address. We own our own company, which also uses our address, but we very much have a house here...and it isn't unusual at all for people to have home based businesses that share legal addresses with their home addresses. But no amount of discussion or logic would work on the counter agent who flat out refused to allow the rental, and as it was midnight, it left my husband in the position of having to do a walk up rental at Enterprise (the only other counter open at the airport) at 4x the rate.

I don't understand the logic here, we've never run into this issue before renting cars. Is this actually a Sixt policy? How would they even know/care that my address is a also a business address, and not also be able to tell it is a residential address (I mean, you can look on Zillow, etc., and find that it is a residential home). I guess I'm annoyed that the counter agent refused to listen to logic (my husband literally showed her google maps images of our home and no cares were given to reality).
Auto Enthusiast likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.