Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Sixt | Sixt Card
Reload this Page >

Sixt France nightmare issue - Anyone have advice?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sixt France nightmare issue - Anyone have advice?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2022, 9:14 pm
Original Poster

Unhappy Sixt France nightmare issue - Anyone have advice?

Hey, so I screwed up. I rented two days in a VW T-Roc for my honeymoon to go from Paris out to Reims and back. It was about 350 euros. I was then thinking, hey, why don't I just rent the car for my whole trip from Paris through Valence, Nice, and Monaco? So I changed it to a full 10 day trip for around 1200 euros. But suddenly I had a realization - I hadn't done this in the first place because going from Paris to Valence by train is about 2x faster. It saves me the full day, 6+ hours of driving headaches. Ok, I messed up but no problem, I'll change the reservation back to the original dates.

But no, Sixt is keeping the higher price for the reservation no matter what. I now have to pay 1256 euros for the original two days in a T-Roc. This was a prepaid reservation (which I'll never do again). So if I cancel it, the fee to cancel is, guess what? 1256 euros.

I threw myself on the mercy of Sixt customer service, over and over again. I screwed up, I just want the original reservation at the original price, throw in change fees, I don't care. I'll then book the remainder of the trip and you'll make more money. "No, the new price stays. There's no changing the price." Over and over again. I emailed Sixt USA as well but they can't do anything.

I realize fundamentally the fault is mine by not thinking through things completely and being impulsive. But it seems incredibly anti-consumer to force me to eat a price greater than 3x my original reservation for exactly the same service. I have tried multiple email paths to customer service and seem to only encounter frontline workers who are just reciting policy for me. Has anyone had any success with Sixt customer service through any other route?

Thank you!
Old Feb 18, 2022, 2:56 am
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but there's probably nothing you can do here. The issue is that even if your original prepaid reservation was refundable in some form under some conditions when you made the change, they probably switched you to a 100% non-refundable rate at that point. We assume you received an updated confirmation email when you made the change. You should comb through the terms and condition on that and see if you have any out there.

That's about all we can offer you here. It's a hard lesson to learn.
Ordpc likes this.
Old Mar 23, 2022, 7:27 pm

Verträge sind einzuhalten, von beiden Seiten. Siehe Vertragsbedingungen.
Old Mar 26, 2022, 8:03 pm

You're not getting out of this one. Make lemons into lemonade, the drive from Nice to Monaco is beautiful so long as you are not in a hurry. See if they'll let you change to convertible, which I assume will cost more so maybe.
If the terms say it's not refundable, European car rentals will never make an exception. Just feel happy they won't charge you storage fees for returning the car early.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.