Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Long Term Rental Mileage Calculation

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2020, 11:36 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Long Term Rental Mileage Calculation

Question for anyone who has a long term rental with SIXT and did a car exchange inside of one of their 28 day rental periods. I had to do an exchange due to a windshield issue, and because I was renting from a non-airport location and the replacement car was at the airport, the car exchange went something like this: original car - temporary car (oneway 6 miles to airport) - new car

When I look at my last two invoices, the mileage counts are all messed up - now with my most recent invoice, I see the return mileage is the same as the outbound mileage I entered into the e-sign document, which would suggest I didn't drive any miles at all, yet my odometer is actually now 3K miles over since I am now partially through the next 28 day period where some of those miles are actually from the prior period. Anyway, it's a mess and I have no idea how they are counting the miles now.

I can call the long term rental desk and see if they know, but I am curious if anyone else had the same issue before.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.