Wiki Posts
Search

How do car groups work for upgrades?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2017, 2:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BD*G, BAGold, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat
How do car groups work for upgrades?

Joined Sixt last month and used my EY gold to become platinum. I now have a few bookings made and will have about 140 days of rentals over the next 12 months.

I will have my first rental (14 days and dropping off at different city) at the beginning of may. Was just wondering how the upgrade process works? It says upgrade to the next car group but I don't really understand how groups work.. I presume that means in the same class i.e. If you book a saloon then you get upgraded to the next saloon category? I am now deciding to get either an Opel Astra (CDMR) or pay an extra 30% to book a VW Golf (CLMR). If the gold could get upgraded to an A3/1 series then would be worth it but not if it just upgrades to a Ford Focus estate (the next most expensive one)

I have another booking for a Merc A class and a ford estate was more expensive.. does that mean it is the next category or would it be the next saloon which is a 3 series or similar?
Old Apr 18, 2017, 11:08 am

Programs: SIXT Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, Hilton Honors Gold,
The Plat upgrade depends on abailability - it's not guaranteed. In theory the first letter of the booking category indicates a car group. In reality it's often a little different. They once tried to convince me that a BMW 4 series GrandCoupe (LSMR?) is an Upgrade for a BMW 5 series (LDAR).
Old Apr 30, 2017, 2:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: BD*G, BAGold, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by Canaan
The Plat upgrade depends on abailability - it's not guaranteed. In theory the first letter of the booking category indicates a car group. In reality it's often a little different. They once tried to convince me that a BMW 4 series GrandCoupe (LSMR?) is an Upgrade for a BMW 5 series (LDAR).
Thanks for the reply. I booked a Golf (CLMR) so I'm assuming based on this list I would be due an upgrade to the same car but automatic transmission (CDAR) if there's availability? Doesn't seem like an upgrade really but better than nothing.
Old Apr 30, 2017, 12:03 pm

Hi, I booked FDAR for the next weekend in Stuttgart Airport, but would like to upgrade to LDAR. Is that possible? Paid for 0 excess as well.

How much deposit should I expect for FDAR or LDAR?
It is my first time

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.