Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Range Rover Sport at MCO

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2017, 2:42 am
Original Poster

Range Rover Sport at MCO

I've just reserved a Range Rover Sport (XJAN) for our trip to Orlando later this year. Apparently it's a 'guaranteed model' reservation which when I enquired from SIXT means that there's only one car in the category. They didn't say anything about the car being on request so can I assume that this is just a car they have lots of within the fleet in the area?

Reason I ask is that naturally having paid a significant sum for a 2 week rental for this vehicle I would be really disappointed if I turned up and was told they didn't have my 'guaranteed model' car. Any ways to prevent this potentially happening?

Grateful for any advice.
Old Jan 15, 2017, 3:13 am
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

Originally Posted by jonjparr
I've just reserved a Range Rover Sport (XJAN) for our trip to Orlando later this year. Apparently it's a 'guaranteed model' reservation which when I enquired from SIXT means that there's only one car in the category. They didn't say anything about the car being on request so can I assume that this is just a car they have lots of within the fleet in the area?

Reason I ask is that naturally having paid a significant sum for a 2 week rental for this vehicle I would be really disappointed if I turned up and was told they didn't have my 'guaranteed model' car. Any ways to prevent this potentially happening?

Grateful for any advice.
Typically if it says Guaranteed Model then you should get what you paid for. That said, things can and do happen--people return late, vehicles get into accidents, etc. I know Sixt MCO has lots of say Mercedes C and E Class cars in their fleet (we rent them like water at AutoSlash at discounted rates) but I'm not so sure about Range Rovers (XJAN). My best suggestion is to call the local office at (888) 941-7498 to inquire directly.

I hope this helps. Good luck with the rental. Sounds like a fun vehicle!
Old Jan 15, 2017, 3:46 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by AutoSlash
Typically if it says Guaranteed Model then you should get what you paid for. That said, things can and do happen--people return late, vehicles get into accidents, etc. I know Sixt MCO has lots of say Mercedes C and E Class cars in their fleet (we rent them like water at AutoSlash at discounted rates) but I'm not so sure about Range Rovers (XJAN). My best suggestion is to call the local office at (888) 941-7498 to inquire directly.

I hope this helps. Good luck with the rental. Sounds like a fun vehicle!
That's really helpful - thanks for the reply. The pickup isn't actually at MCO it's at their Kissimmee branch. I rang and spoke to them yesterday and they said they don't have the vehicle at that location but they have 'lots floating around in the system'. Do you think that means they will just contact the airport location and borrow one from them? Thanks again for the reply - really looking forward to (hopefully) having it for 2 weeks!
Old Jan 15, 2017, 3:51 am
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

Originally Posted by jonjparr
That's really helpful - thanks for the reply. The pickup isn't actually at MCO it's at their Kissimmee branch. I rang and spoke to them yesterday and they said they don't have the vehicle at that location but they have 'lots floating around in the system'. Do you think that means they will just contact the airport location and borrow one from them? Thanks again for the reply - really looking forward to (hopefully) having it for 2 weeks!
Yes, typically they would review their list of upcoming reservations a day or two before and then if necessary, arrange to have an employee go pick up your reserved vehicle from a nearby branch or have that branch send one over. A friendly call the day before just to confirm availability certainly wouldn't be a bad idea. Enjoy!
Old Jan 28, 2017, 12:28 pm

Programs: SIXT Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, Hilton Honors Gold,
Does anybody know which RRS Model they have in the fleet? Is it just the 3.0 Liter SE with no options at all? Thanks!
Old May 7, 2017, 9:26 am
Original Poster

Thought I would post an update to this. I received my Range Rover Sport as ordered in white. It was a fantastic car with no damage, under 3000 miles on the clock and with lots of toys. Even had the optional panoramic glass roof. It was a fabulous car to drive around in for 2 weeks.

Unfortunately Sixt seem to be phasing them out of the fleet as they're impossible to get hold of now.
Old Aug 28, 2017, 12:39 pm

Whats usually available as XFAR (Mercedes GLE or similar) at MCO?

thnaks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.