Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Sixt | Sixt Card
Reload this Page >

MLA - how to deal with unknown return date?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MLA - how to deal with unknown return date?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2015, 4:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold
Question MLA - how to deal with unknown return date?

I'm looking to book a rental at MLA for November (dirt cheap rates, since there is nowhere to go). Trouble is, my return date is unknown right now because the mode of transportation (container carrier) doesn't exactly operate to a fixed schedule.

I should know before I pick up the car when the ship will depart Malta (and thus my return date). I can't find anything on early or late return pricing/penaltes. Should I just book a number of car rentals and cancel the ones I don't want before pick up?
Old Jun 30, 2015, 9:06 am

Some stations are quite flexible and if you book the maximum time window let you return the car earlier refunding the "unused" days/bill just the really rented days. You might not get the cheapest rate do in so, same like with booking flexible hotels or airfare.

Best call the reservations center and make sure to have no prepaid rate.
Old Jul 8, 2015, 4:22 am
Company Representative, Sixt Customer Service

Hi There,

If you would like to discuss your options further if you would like ot contact our reservations team on 0844 499 33 99 we will be more than happy to assist you.

Best Regards

Pete - Customer Services Team

Originally Posted by YVR Cockroach
I'm looking to book a rental at MLA for November (dirt cheap rates, since there is nowhere to go). Trouble is, my return date is unknown right now because the mode of transportation (container carrier) doesn't exactly operate to a fixed schedule.

I should know before I pick up the car when the ship will depart Malta (and thus my return date). I can't find anything on early or late return pricing/penaltes. Should I just book a number of car rentals and cancel the ones I don't want before pick up?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.