Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Sixt | Sixt Card
Reload this Page >

Beware breakdown service that you might receive from Sixt in Germany

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 21, 2015, 3:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC GGL/GFL. Hilton Lifetime Diamond. IHG Platinum. Accor Gold. National Exec Elite. Sixt Platinum

I rented a car last week from Sixt in Germany.

On Saturday evening, the car broke down (the stop/start system in the car went on the blink and it was impossible to turn off the ignition. The car engine could not be stopped).

I telephoned the assistance line and they sent out a recovery truck to me.

The car was not fix-able at the roadside and had to be towed away by the recovery service that Sixt sent out to me.

I telephoned the assistance line again, this time to arrange a new car to be delivered to me. I was working at my location over the weekend, could not leave the location that I was, and needed to remain mobile. I was some distance from a Sixt station.

I was told, categorically, that a car could not be delivered to me at the weekend as this was “policy”. I was told that I may be able to get a taxi to a station to collect a car, but they could not tell me where or when (and who would pay for the taxi). I was told I may be able to have a car delivered Monday (too late).

I was, therefore, stranded, without transportation, in a remote area. No way to get around to do my job. No way to get the the airport on Monday.

The guy was rude to me and, basically, showed no concern for my circumstances nor the plight that I was put in by the failure of the rental car and the failure of Sixt to remedy that.

To cap it all, I received a bill, today, for the full total of the rental (including days for which I did not have the car) plus a refuelling fee of €144 (you will note that I could not start the engine, so could not legally refuel the car, and I was not given the option to refuel the car before it was towed).

I will try to have this resolved retrospectively, but I mention this on here so that you might all be forewarned of what can happen.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.