Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Sixt | Sixt Card
Reload this Page >

Issues with Sixt in Dubrovnik City (Croatia)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2015, 2:56 pm
Original Poster

Hi
Looking for some guidance here on how to address a complaint re this branch.
I am a Diamond member, and have always been extremely happy with service and upgrades from Sixt in the past (mostly in UK and Germany). But this experience in Dubrovnik has put me off.

I reserved an VW Golf Automatic for 3 days, as I have a family of 4 + infant stroller and need to be guaranteed some minimum space.
Car was delivered to hotel this morning 30 minutes late - and was a 1.2 L Chevy Aveo, which is much smaller with no boot. It has 70K on the odometer, is covered in dents and scratches, reeks of smoke inside (rental guy simply said 'the last person smoked and we didn't have time to clean it') and is filthy, with crumbs everywhere and half full cans in seat pockets etc. It had 3/8 tank petrol (actually a bit less but the guy refused to mark that) so was clearly not serviced at all between rentals. He also tried not to mark on damage report major dents saying that 'it doesn't matter and we know them' but I insisted.

Sixt are saying that this is car is same class as VW Golf, and so no reduction possible and no other cars available (I need automatic) - and I can't go calling around other companies now. They also tacked on an extra unmarked on website EUR 15 to the rental contract for the green card (which is part of standard insurance documentation) - they said I need to pay this if I want to travel abroad and get green card (other rental companies don't do that).

I called again this evening to ask to change cars, but the guy said he was busy and can't speak, that Aveo is same as Golf (so no reduction or change), and I can't get a different car or upgrade.

I am very disappointed, but can't wait around tomorrow trying to change car. It will be an extremely uncomfortable and smelly drive on winding roads in Montenegro tomorrow and I will need to put baby stroller under back seats as it won't fit in boot...

Any suggestions on recourse? Otherwise, you have been warned about this branch...
Old Apr 8, 2015, 5:20 am
Company Representative, Sixt Customer Service

Sixt Customer Service

Hi,

I am really sorry to hear about this and owuld like to see if there is anything I can do to help.

Can you please send me a private message with your reservation number so that I can investigate this further.

Thanks,
Ruth

Originally Posted by 2035
Hi
Looking for some guidance here on how to address a complaint re this branch.
I am a Diamond member, and have always been extremely happy with service and upgrades from Sixt in the past (mostly in UK and Germany). But this experience in Dubrovnik has put me off.

I reserved an VW Golf Automatic for 3 days, as I have a family of 4 + infant stroller and need to be guaranteed some minimum space.
Car was delivered to hotel this morning 30 minutes late - and was a 1.2 L Chevy Aveo, which is much smaller with no boot. It has 70K on the odometer, is covered in dents and scratches, reeks of smoke inside (rental guy simply said 'the last person smoked and we didn't have time to clean it') and is filthy, with crumbs everywhere and half full cans in seat pockets etc. It had 3/8 tank petrol (actually a bit less but the guy refused to mark that) so was clearly not serviced at all between rentals. He also tried not to mark on damage report major dents saying that 'it doesn't matter and we know them' but I insisted.

Sixt are saying that this is car is same class as VW Golf, and so no reduction possible and no other cars available (I need automatic) - and I can't go calling around other companies now. They also tacked on an extra unmarked on website EUR 15 to the rental contract for the green card (which is part of standard insurance documentation) - they said I need to pay this if I want to travel abroad and get green card (other rental companies don't do that).

I called again this evening to ask to change cars, but the guy said he was busy and can't speak, that Aveo is same as Golf (so no reduction or change), and I can't get a different car or upgrade.

I am very disappointed, but can't wait around tomorrow trying to change car. It will be an extremely uncomfortable and smelly drive on winding roads in Montenegro tomorrow and I will need to put baby stroller under back seats as it won't fit in boot...

Any suggestions on recourse? Otherwise, you have been warned about this branch...
Old Apr 8, 2015, 11:16 am
Original Poster

Thanks for offer of help, I have sent PM with details. Will update thread if I get satisfactory resolution so that future FT'ers won't need to be concerned about this branch.

I noted today that car is 5 years old (was registered in April 2010) which may explain bodywork and mechanical issues. I do not think this is brand standard, especially for top-tier premium member - I have never rented a car this old. I would not drive this car back home, and certainly not with family on vacation.

The most annoying part is that the guy never acknowledged anything wrong - downgrade, dirty car, empty tank, cigarette smell, bad condition etc...

I await response.
Old May 22, 2015, 6:14 am
Original Poster

Update

I was contacted by Sixt rep and offered the explanation that the rental was outsourced to another local company without telling me. I was offered some compensation as an apology, which I accepted as no other choice.

However, I have not seen the promised compensation nor any response to follow-up emails. And neither have a seen an invoice for my original rental, despite numerous reminders. I need this for tax purposes. So I would still suggest to avoid this station, unless I can be proven wrong..
Old Jul 18, 2015, 2:16 pm

Agreed ! Sixt Dubrovnik is not a trustworthy agency

Hi, we have encountered a similar and bad experience with Sixt Dubrovnik. They have a terrible customer service, they have been unable to support us when our car has had a technical issue, no replacement was possible. They are charging us for the repairs although we paid the extra full coverage insurance. They have partially ruined our holidays. I feel completely ripped off. Trust is broken. Customers beware!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.