Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sixt - Atlanta Hartsfield Airport

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2015, 10:55 am

The conversation here seems to evolve around fancy luxury cars. Can anyone chime in on what a full size/ FCAR is at this Sixt Site? I'm only gold, so I am not expecting the kings treatment.
Old Jun 29, 2015, 6:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by gooselee
Thinking of moving my National rental this weekend to Sixt, who has just matched me to Platinum. It seems from this thread there are some decent cars, but most of the upgrade reports are from Diamonds.

Are the double upgrades for Platinums at least reasonably reliable, particularly for a Friday-Sunday rental? Would love to end up in a BMW or Audi, but would also love to save a few bucks by reserving SCAR or FCAR and leveraging status.
Update: Made a PCAR reservation. Was offered a C250 or ATS. I asked for a BMW and they dug up a 328i base model with 25k miles on it after about 15 min. Also offered a "loaded" 5-series for $12/day.

Easy access to the nicer cars was great, and I'll use them again for that on vacations and such. But the hassle of going to the counter and then waiting in line to return will probably keep me from using them for work. They did have a neat little VIP "lounge" where I was able to wait for the car.

For comparison, the same day returned the BMW, I picked up an ES reservation at National, where I hopped into a Tahoe LT with 6k miles and drove off the lot in under 5 mins.
Old Jul 1, 2015, 12:24 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by gooselee
Update: Made a PCAR reservation. Was offered a C250 or ATS. I asked for a BMW and they dug up a 328i base model with 25k miles on it after about 15 min. Also offered a "loaded" 5-series for $12/day.

Easy access to the nicer cars was great, and I'll use them again for that on vacations and such. But the hassle of going to the counter and then waiting in line to return will probably keep me from using them for work. They did have a neat little VIP "lounge" where I was able to wait for the car.

For comparison, the same day returned the BMW, I picked up an ES reservation at National, where I hopped into a Tahoe LT with 6k miles and drove off the lot in under 5 mins.
Not bad and yes the check-out has to improve. I thought about just heading to the lot and doing the whole "transaction" there since you have to stop there anyway.
Old Jul 8, 2015, 9:50 am
Original Poster

I have a reservation pick-up today. I'll post up what I get and some pics of what was available.
Old Jul 8, 2015, 1:19 pm

Programs: AC SE*MM, Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Gold, National EE, Sixt Plat, Hz 5*
I'm heading there today as well. Pcar res.
Old Jul 8, 2015, 9:13 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Nitehawk
I'm heading there today as well. Pcar res.
What did you end up getting?
Old Jul 8, 2015, 10:02 pm
Original Poster

I wasn't to impressed tonight with the selection. The staff was very nice and tried there best to help out. Well the first lady pull up reservation an then printed it out without us discussing my double upgrade ( if available of course ).

They offered a 328i ( not really a fan of )
Then a c300 - no navigation (card is missing) - so I asked for something else. I also found out that none of the c300 will not have navigation. Somehow is was only temporary and Sixt opted to not purchase it.

So next I was offered a ATS ( all Cadillacs have Nav ) it was damaged in the front.

I ended up cancelling and making a National reservation. Wow, National was the emptiest I have ever saw it. They had nothing of interest.

Made a reservation for Avis. I have not rented from Avis in a seriously long time. They had plenty of cars. Even had an E-class for 200 dollars a day ( insert joke ). Ended up with a XTS loaded ( no sunroof ) but XM works. I also noticed that Avis carries the Mopar R/T vehicles and SS Camaro ).

C300

ATS

Last edited by mike929; Jul 12, 2015 at 9:04 am
Old Jul 11, 2015, 7:14 pm

Originally Posted by mike929

Then a c300 - no navigation (card is missing) - so I asked for something else. I also found out that none of the c300 will have navigation. Somehow is was only temporary and Sixt opted to not purchase it.
I rented a C300 from Sixt at LAX and found the nav SD card in the trunk. Also I think that C300 was parked next to the black 328i I drove the same day you were there. I was quite happy with my 328i for the same price as national was charging for a midsize.
Old Jul 12, 2015, 9:06 am
Original Poster

I rented a C300 from Sixt at LAX and found the nav SD card in the trunk. Also I think that C300 was parked next to the black 328i I drove the same day you were there. I was quite happy with my 328i for the same price as national was charging for a midsize.
hmmm, so are they hiding them. Or is it a service they did not want to pay for?

I had a 328i it was ok, but to small for my needs.
Old Jul 12, 2015, 1:56 pm

hmmm, so are they hiding them. Or is it a service they did not want to pay for?

I had a 328i it was ok, but to small for my needs.
Just had never been installed, was wrapped up with the manual etc. I've had similar experiences with Ford's at National.
Old Jul 12, 2015, 6:46 pm
Original Poster

Just had never been installed, was wrapped up with the manual etc. I've had similar experiences with Ford's at National.
I guess we'll see if others respond back to the thread. Supposedly none of the c300s will have nav going forward. If was activated late than I it seem to work but after the trail period none should have nav.

Also note they might start to have more domestic cars. The word the reps keep hearing as that European tourists want domestic cars. They don't get them back home.
Old Jul 13, 2015, 11:27 am

If true, it suggests that Sixt still has more European customers than Americans renting in the US. You would think it's more profitable to change that balance at some point, assuming they're willing to offer a European product in the way Americans consume rental car services....(ex corporate stores, one-way options)
Old Jul 13, 2015, 1:59 pm

I guess we'll see if others respond back to the thread. Supposedly none of the c300s will have nav going forward. If was activated late than I it seem to work but after the trail period none should have nav.

Also note they might start to have more domestic cars. The word the reps keep hearing as that European tourists want domestic cars. They don't get them back home.
I don't buy that they can deactivate the nav. If the SD card is in it, it works. No SD card, no nav.

As for more american cars. I hope not! The german cars are what I like most about renting from Sixt.
Old Jul 14, 2015, 6:31 pm

BMW X1 available?

Hi, I have a reservation for the Atlanta location this Friday. I reserved a PFAR, has anyone gotten the X1 here? If not, what kind of cars are usually offered in Atlanta for this category? Thanks!
Old Jul 14, 2015, 7:25 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Jwy10
Hi, I have a reservation for the Atlanta location this Friday. I reserved a PFAR, has anyone gotten the X1 here? If not, what kind of cars are usually offered in Atlanta for this category? Thanks!
I personally have never seen a X1.
I've seen Cadillac SRX, X5, GLK and ML series vehicles.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.