Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LCAR booked as Platinum, upgrades?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 11, 2014, 7:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Kimpton IC, Voila Platinum, Club Carlson Gold Elite,National EE, Hertz PC, Avis First, Sixt Platinum

Hey all, I recently booked an LCAR (3-series, C-class, etc) in San Diego.

I see that platinum members may receive double upgrades at US locations... What would a potential double upgrade be for an LCAR? Any ideas?

Thanks!
Old Dec 12, 2014, 8:51 pm

Programs: AA EXP/2MM - DL PM - OZ Diamond - Bonvoy LTT - Hyatt Glob - IHG Plat - National EE - Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by moze
Hey all, I recently booked an LCAR (3-series, C-class, etc) in San Diego.

I see that platinum members may receive double upgrades at US locations... What would a potential double upgrade be for an LCAR? Any ideas?

Thanks!
Hi moze, wanted to see what you ended up with at SAN? I'm looking to do a similar reservation there for an LCAR (and I'm also Platinum) and was wondering what the possible options would be. Thanks!
Old Dec 13, 2014, 9:18 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond

I think an XCAR or XDAR.
Old Dec 13, 2014, 1:37 pm

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by seawolf
I think an XCAR or XDAR.
Will likely book XCAR (which I see is 5 series and Cadillac sedan -- any other models? Other BMW? A6?) - what is the most likely upgrade/double upgrade category from there?
Old Dec 20, 2014, 8:40 am

Similar question. Platinum, what do I need to book to get a PCAR? Thanks!
Old Dec 20, 2014, 8:52 pm
Original Member

Originally Posted by highlanderfil
Similar question. Platinum, what do I need to book to get a PCAR? Thanks!

http://www.sixt.com/fleet-guide/

SCAR
Old Dec 20, 2014, 11:19 pm

Thank you much. Re-booked, saving about $30.

Last edited by highlanderfil; Dec 21, 2014 at 8:37 am
Old Jan 25, 2015, 12:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Kimpton IC, Voila Platinum, Club Carlson Gold Elite,National EE, Hertz PC, Avis First, Sixt Platinum
Hi all! Have not had my trip to SAN yet, still looking forward to the experience with Sixt.

It turns out that booking an XCAR (E-class, 5-series, etc) was cheaper on a 5-day rental than a LCAR (3-series, C-class) was for a 3-day. $29/day for a 5-series? Yes please!

Now I'm just curious what might be a Platinum double-upgrade on top of an XCAR reservation?

http://www.sixt.com/fleet-guide/

ECAR --> CCAR --> ICAR --> SCAR --> FCAR --> PCAR --> LCAR -->XCAR --> XDAR?

At that point, let's say I was hoping for an XDAR (S-class, 7-series). Would it even be worth booking XCAR? Wouldn't booking an LCAR be double upgraded to XDAR? That' saves me about $40 over the total rental.

Or... Since it isn't guaranteed, should I just be safe and stay with an XCAR rental?
Old Jan 25, 2015, 7:34 pm
Original Member

I'm confused. You said XCAR cheaper than LCAR. Why would you not book an XCAR?
Old Jan 25, 2015, 9:16 pm
Original Poster

I'm confused. You said XCAR cheaper than LCAR. Why would you not book an XCAR?
Sorry, that was confusing. I was originally only booking for 3 days. For 3 days, LCAR was something like $230 including taxes and fees.

Today, I happened to check and see prices had dropped. I was curious and looked at a 5 day rental and saw prices were significantly lower, to the point where a 5 day XCAR rental happened to be under $230. Currently, I've switched over to a 5 day XCAR rental and am a platinum member.

A 5 day LCAR rental right now is also very cheap, around $190. I think I'll stick with what I have, but am just curious what a double upgrade from XCAR could possibly be.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.