Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Sixt | Sixt Card
Reload this Page >

Sixt didn’t give me a full tank car and deceived me @ LJU Airport?(Slovenia)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2, 2014, 12:34 am
Original Poster

http://ppt.cc/oz4O => Fuel meter status when I picked up the car.
http://ppt.cc/0rH3 => They still insisted and deceived me it's full.

Just share a terrible rental car experience at Ljubljana Airport.
It’s Sixt!

When I picked up this car at Ljubljana Airport(Slovenia) , I didn’t check everything carefully except noting that the tank was not full then. So I told the front desk this situation and he told me it’s a full tank actually and it would return full after driving couple times and claimed it’s a OPEL CORSA’s problem. He also gave me his words and signed at the back of my contrast sheet to convince me. However , I still doubted his comments and then took a photo as an evidence before leaving the airport. As what I expected , the fuel meter always held still there and didn’t return to full level. So I located the nearest gas station by my GPS and tried to filled it up , it totally cost me up to 13 Euro around 10 liters , it definitely not a full tank and apparently they(Sixt) deceived me.

But the most ridiculous thing is , when I returned this car , they still insisted it’s full and refused to refund me anything and even worse, they charged me extra up to 400 Euro for some items at below:

1.Personal Accident Protection
Basically I had specifically told their front desk I didn’t need any extra insurance and asked him just to follow original voucher, but he still sneakily put this to my bill and asked me to sign without explaining the contents of my contrast. Maybe I should blame myself not to check the contents carefully before signing the contrast. But I have to say this front desk guy is just the same one who deceived me about the fuel tank.

2.New damage 180 EUR and administration fee 50 EUR + 22% VAT
They found a small scratch at the back bumper,so this is what they had to charge.
Because I didn’t check everything carefully before leaving the rental car’s parking lot,I don’t even know how this happened, Even I knew and experienced their bad credit about this rental company, but I do understand I am responsible for this scratch. The only thing I was not satisfied was they seemed to double charge me.
They had already charge me a huge 180 EUR new damage and then another 50 EUR for an administration fee. It’s quite outrageous.

3.Some hidden fees(Road Assistance,Foreign use,Road tax RFL)~80 EUR+22%
That’s the reason why I don’t like use rentalcars.com. Sometimes you just cannot avoid from these hidden fee.

Anyway,I has filed a complaine to rentalcars.com, no matter what this result is, I strongly suggest that please don’t use Sixt at Ljubljana Airport if you intend to visit Slovenia.

I just remembered when I picked up a car there,I heard someone complain something~
When I returned a car, I still again heard someone complain something~
Now it’s my turn now to complain about this rental company, it’s Sixt!

No kidding and Good Luck!
Old Aug 4, 2014, 8:07 am
Company Representative, Sixt Customer Service

Hi wellfly,

I would be more than happy to look into the feedback you have provided if you can please send me a private message with your rental information included. With this I can speak with the relevant teams and reply accordingly.

Many thanks, Louise.
Old Aug 5, 2014, 11:01 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Sixt Platinum, HHons Diamond
Sadly the accident damage issue seems to be more prevalent. Recently at TLS I was told the car I got was almost new and totally undamaged. I never trust them though and was able to identify and point out to them three bits of damage to the vehicle which had I not done no doubt I would have been charged. I was also scammed on insurance too. A PM has been sent to Louise about this. A sad departure from the normally excellent service at Sixt TLS
Old Aug 11, 2014, 6:17 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Sixt Platinum, HHons Diamond
Just a quick note to say that Louise was able to sort out my issue and she did so with great professionalism and efficiency.

Many thanks and she has retained me as a Sixt customer due to this great customer service.
Old Aug 15, 2014, 3:04 am

I've heard the "the car is brand new" line repeated so often that I feel the phrase has been handed down from higher up.

ALWAYS insist on checking the vehicle with the agent. We all know in whose favour it is for damage not to be reported...

Just once, I would like a company that engages in social media/forums to actually address similar issues rather than PM'ing individuals. It's maintaining the appearance of transparency, but offering very little.
Old Aug 18, 2014, 6:03 pm

With all of the troubles I've had with this rental, I'm fearing the surprise damage bill in the future. It's ridiculous that you can't get any proof from them that you turned in the car with no damage other than the attendant's word. I should have recorded him.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.