Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Sixt | Sixt Card
Reload this Page >

Our (great) experience with SIXT at MIA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2012, 1:25 pm
Original Poster

Hi all,

My wife and I were in Miami for one week lately and rented a car with SIXT from MIA. I waited this long to post my opinion because I wanted to make sure everything was OK and I wasn't receiving any hidden charges... until now it's all good. I feel like I have to give credit where credit is due... and thanks to Mr. Coughlan for his help.

I was suspicious about SIXT at MIA because I had read mixed opinions about them. In fact I kept all my other reservations with other companies just in case there was hidden charges or fees (I didn't prepay).

Upon arrival, everything went smoothly and they answered all our questions and met our needs. We had a luxury car, by the way, not a generic Chrysler 200/Ford Focus/Ford Taurus/etc..

Only three problems :

1) Car mileage was off by around 300 miles when we picked it up

2) Two scratches on the car hadn't been marked in their system

3) They claim in the contract (which I read thoroughly) that they hold three times the rental on your CC, which would have been 250+(3x250$) = 1000$. However they held 2500$.

I pointed the first problems out and they were quickly taken care of. After all, they're bound to happen anywhere and it's the customer's duty to inspect the car when they take it.

About the third problem : the lady told me it was a usual thing to hold 2500$ for higher-end cars. I didn't argue too much and I signed the dotted line, knowing I was a careful driver and my CC had a high limit.

The car was almost new, with 7000 miles. Leather was perfect, smell was perfect, no signs of wear and tear. It drove smoothly and we took so many pictures with it that it became a part of our trip!

All in all, I'm extremely satisfied with SIXT at MIA and I would do business with them again, especially for their rates and their luxury cars.

2JZGTE.

P.S.: Their toll policy is easy : around 7$ per day for unlimited tolls and no administration fees. It's a bit more expensive than other companies but considering the ridiculous price we got for the car, it was still a good deal.
Old Aug 8, 2012, 6:49 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, USDM Gold, National Exec Elite, IHG Dumped-now Kettle, SPG Platinum
Which luxury car did you get? I'm looking at renting from them next month and was looking at the C-class rental. 3x$ is way too high to hold on the card though, completely out of line. National and Alamo just hold the total rental amount with me.
Old Aug 8, 2012, 7:52 pm

The Sixt LCAR fleet in Florida is primarily E-class. I read somewhere that there were some F10 5ers in the mix early on, but didn't see any when I was there.

C-class is considered PCAR.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.