Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Sixt | Sixt Card
Reload this Page >

Warning about Sixt making an inquiry on an original reservation

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Warning about Sixt making an inquiry on an original reservation

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2012, 7:15 am
Original Poster
Marriott Contributor Badge

Thumbs down Warning about Sixt making an inquiry on an original reservation

We made a reservation months ago for a rental car for September in France. The rate was excellent and even with constant checking I never found another company ( Hertz, Avis, Europecar) that could come close ( 100E+) to the Sixt rate. The other day I called and inquired about returning the car to another location. I made it VERY clear that I was not interested in changing my reservation at this time but only wanted to know the rate difference.

Well.... the CSR decided to input the new town in my original reservation to come up with a quote. When the rate came in 150E more than my current rate I said no thanks we will keep it as it is. He then admitted that he could not retrieve the original rate and that my new rate for the original reservation came up as 90E more. I asked for a supervisor who admitted that the CSR screwed up but that in fact their software did not allow them to restore a reservation once it was "altered".

She offered that once I completed my car rental ( at the new price) I should contact her in September and she would refund the difference. I have to admit I kind of wondered what happens if she doesn't work there in late September........Anyway I find this solution not acceptable with too many " what ifs" and will begin to look for another car company.

So the moral of this story is that if you call Sixt car rental with an inquiry on an already existing reservation.... make sure they input the information as a NEW reservation....and not use your existing reservation as the template.
Old May 21, 2012, 3:17 am
Company Representative - Sixt

Programs: www.sixtblog.co.uk; http://www.facebook.com/sixtrentacaruk
Originally Posted by david4455
We made a reservation months ago for a rental car for September in France. The rate was excellent and even with constant checking I never found another company ( Hertz, Avis, Europecar) that could come close ( 100E+) to the Sixt rate. The other day I called and inquired about returning the car to another location. I made it VERY clear that I was not interested in changing my reservation at this time but only wanted to know the rate difference.

Well.... the CSR decided to input the new town in my original reservation to come up with a quote. When the rate came in 150E more than my current rate I said no thanks we will keep it as it is. He then admitted that he could not retrieve the original rate and that my new rate for the original reservation came up as 90E more. I asked for a supervisor who admitted that the CSR screwed up but that in fact their software did not allow them to restore a reservation once it was "altered".

She offered that once I completed my car rental ( at the new price) I should contact her in September and she would refund the difference. I have to admit I kind of wondered what happens if she doesn't work there in late September........Anyway I find this solution not acceptable with too many " what ifs" and will begin to look for another car company.

So the moral of this story is that if you call Sixt car rental with an inquiry on an already existing reservation.... make sure they input the information as a NEW reservation....and not use your existing reservation as the template.
I think you confirmed already what happened, the Agent made a mistake. There is no reason to think that that this mistake is representative of the the product overall, otherwise your feedback today would not be isolated.

Please accept my apologies for the error. Can you send the reservation number through to me on an e-mail [email protected] I would like to check the information and reassure you about our service too.

I'd be happy to arrange to upgrade you on your next hire.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Gary - Customer Service Team
Old May 21, 2012, 7:18 am
Original Poster
Marriott Contributor Badge

Thanks Gary.

I have sent you a PM with all the pertinent information.
I appreciate any help you can offer on restoring my reservation.
Old May 21, 2012, 7:56 am
Company Representative - Sixt

Programs: www.sixtblog.co.uk; http://www.facebook.com/sixtrentacaruk
Originally Posted by david4455
Thanks Gary.

I have sent you a PM with all the pertinent information.
I appreciate any help you can offer on restoring my reservation.
Thanks, I replied......I know not ideal...but this is the best suggestion. Don't worry, I will be happy to make the necessary change on the day of return. You are in safe hands.

Gary - Customer Service Team

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.