Wiki Posts
Search

Valencia airport ITMR category

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2012, 5:24 am
Original Poster

Valencia airport ITMR category

Hi,

I e-mailed Sixt support about a booking I made at VLC and didn't really get the answer to my question and also seemed to confuse the support desk as they listed vehicles that I might get as part of my booking that aren't even convertibles

Could someone confirm whether ITMR is actually stocked at Valencia airport?
If so could you tell me what vehicles they currently stock within this category?

Thanks,
Andy
Old Apr 23, 2012, 9:04 am

BMW Serie 1 Cabrio, Peugeot 308 CC, MINI One Cabrio

is what the website says on ITMR at Valencia airport.

any reason why you don't believe this or have doubts?
Old Apr 24, 2012, 2:16 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sixtisbest
BMW Serie 1 Cabrio, Peugeot 308 CC, MINI One Cabrio

is what the website says on ITMR at Valencia airport.

any reason why you don't believe this or have doubts?
I know what it says on the website, but in my experience that rarely reflects what companies have as they are "sample vehicles". I rented a Fiesta from another company last year and that turned out to be an Alfa Guilietta. I wasn't complaining but I wouldn't consider them in the same class of car really

I emailed customer support and they sent me a list of all vehicle groups at VLC and there wasn't a convertible group. They said I could just get a normal 1 series Mini or A3 by which time I felt like I was going round in circles.

I have to pick some people up from the airport a few days after I land and it would be nice to know if they will actually fit in the car I have hired. I'd hardly say a Mini One is anywhere near the size of car as the other two.
Old Apr 24, 2012, 9:03 am

Originally Posted by djgandy
I know what it says on the website, but in my experience that rarely reflects what companies have as they are "sample vehicles". I rented a Fiesta from another company last year and that turned out to be an Alfa Guilietta. I wasn't complaining but I wouldn't consider them in the same class of car really

I emailed customer support and they sent me a list of all vehicle groups at VLC and there wasn't a convertible group. They said I could just get a normal 1 series Mini or A3 by which time I felt like I was going round in circles.

I have to pick some people up from the airport a few days after I land and it would be nice to know if they will actually fit in the car I have hired. I'd hardly say a Mini One is anywhere near the size of car as the other two.
Are you SIXT GOLD, or even better, PLATINUM? I'd probably bet on an upgrade to a PTMR (albeit not much better to have a Z4/SLK over a Mini as far as rear space is concerned).

SIXT really operates a lot with the BMW Group (from practical experience). If you don't get an upgrade, I'd say that both the 1-series and the Mini are the most probable, and if I were to put my odds on one of them, it would be the Mini Cabrio. Since the 1-series is the "flagship" for the ITMR category, and many times you end up getting "the alternative" (more availability than the flagship model), I'd count on the Mini.

If you are not a regular SIXT customer, or if you definitely *must* have the higher capacity, I would definitely book straight an LTMR, since only from a 3-series convertible you will be able to fit adequately adult people on the back (again from experience).

Cheers!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.