Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Sixt | Sixt Card
Reload this Page >

SIXT ZAG (HR) - total mess, major disappointment

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SIXT ZAG (HR) - total mess, major disappointment

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2012, 9:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Thumbs down SIXT ZAG (HR) - total mess, major disappointment

I booked a station wagon (I) in advance at Sixt ZAG airport - I calculated that our entourage with all the luggage would just fit. I even filled out the online check-in, so "my keys would be waiting for me". From earlier very good experiences with Sixt I was even looking forward to some nice upgrade. Dream on!

On arrival I was offered a Mercedes A class (serious downgrade). I declined. Then I was offered a Merc B class (still a big downgrade) I declined. They said that's all they have. It seems that was realy all they had, because they were offering these two cars to all and each customer arriving.

I pointed out our luggage (2 golf bags + suitcases + 4 people) and told them to find a car that would fit.

It took them over an hour to find a car (VW Golf station wagon) from a neighbouring rental agency - I made the contract with them. The car belonged to yet another agency. The car is rather battered, came with tank 1/8 full, etc. but I got it at "for the same price as with SIXT" At that point I was already so fed up that I didn't want to argue that anymore

This is a major disappointment - if they have only Merc A and B classes, why do they sell all other classes online? Is two weeks lead time too short to source a booked car? Why do they offer major downgrades to Plat customers?? Will I get my LH miles (unlikely)? Will I get my cashback (most probably not)?

How can SIXT have such a licensee?

Finally -what sort of compensation may I expect and where should I turn to?
Old Mar 8, 2012, 3:38 am
Company Representative - Sixt

Programs: www.sixtblog.co.uk; http://www.facebook.com/sixtrentacaruk
Sixt Customer Service Team

Thanks for your post. I'm really sorry that your expectations were not met on this occasion, I understand why and I will be forwarding your feedback to both the Franchisee and the Sixt Franchisee Manager responsible.

We want nothing more than to hear that our customers enjoyed their rental, your feedback therefore is very disappointing to read. Of course you should expect to receive the vehicle you booked, I honestly do not know why on this particular day there was a problem but I will find out and it goes without saying we will address your concerns.

I'd really appreciate it if you could send me through the details, my e-mail address is [email protected].

I look forward to hearing from you.

Matthew - Sixt Customer Service Team

Last edited by MatthewHorsfield; Mar 8, 2012 at 6:40 am
Old Mar 21, 2012, 6:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Credit where credit is due.

Sixt CS handled the issue very well, thank you Matthew! ^
Old Mar 27, 2012, 6:18 am

Programs: *A Gold, HH dia,Hyatt plat,Sixt PLAT,QF , EY Gold
I'm also a platinum member and booking a car At this location hope I don't run into the same issues.
I'm expecting an upgrade !
Old Mar 27, 2012, 8:15 am

Thanks for your post. We look forward to seeing you at our Sixt location. For that extra piece of mind feel free to contact me directly on my email:- [email protected] with your reservation details and I will make sure you are taken care of.

Matthew

Customer Service Team
Old Mar 28, 2012, 4:54 am

Thanks matthew I will PM you, and looking forward to,picking up the car now .^
Old Apr 27, 2012, 5:37 am

I have a question regarding this rental im about take next months.

Can I rent the car in croatia Zagreb and drive it all around italy? Do I require any paper work to show at the borders ?
Old Apr 27, 2012, 6:09 am

Originally Posted by Shanye2233
I have a question regarding this rental im about take next months.

Can I rent the car in croatia Zagreb and drive it all around italy? Do I require any paper work to show at the borders ?
From Zagreb

Cross Border Rentals & Territorial Restrictions:

Cross Border Rentals are allowed to the following countries:
Andorra, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Bosnia & Herzegowina, Czech Republic, Denamrk, Finland, France, Germany, Great-Britain, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Monaco, Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, San Marino, Poland, Romania, Serbia, Montenegro, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Vatican City.

Gary - Customer Service Team
Old Apr 27, 2012, 6:14 am

Thanks Gary great serivce , just hop the location realises I'm entitled to a upgrade ^
Old Apr 27, 2012, 7:25 am

Originally Posted by Shanye2233
Thanks Gary great serivce , just hop the location realises I'm entitled to a upgrade ^
Send me your reservation number to [email protected]

I will improve your chances.

Gary - Customer Service Team

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.