Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sixt - Any Questions?

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2013, 10:43 pm

Programs: Hertz Gold, AVIS Preferred, SIXT Platinum
Hello Gary,

Can you tell me if a Visa debit card is accepted at German locations?

I know that both AVIS and Hertz have no "real" problem, but it does state in SIXT's rental rules for Germany, that they do not accept these cards. But when you eventually show up at the desk, often they just take it as payment anyway.
Old May 14, 2013, 3:41 am

some debit cards work, some don't...

regarding sixt express card: first time the master rental agreement has to be activated. so cannot work directly in the machine.

I dont understand what the point of rushing for a simple express card is.

Last edited by sixtisbest; May 14, 2013 at 3:47 am
Old May 16, 2013, 11:44 pm

Hello Gary,

Thanks for taking the time to answer all these questions. I came across this site not too long ago in preparation for my visit to Germany in November and have some questions. I have made a reservation with Sixt (Reservation # 1625351767) and have the following questions:

1) During the process of booking it shows a picture of a BMW 3 series wagon, since the pick up location is near BMW Welt I was wondering if I have a higher chance of actually getting a BMW?
2) Is there anything I can do to request the BMW?
3) I have booked a Sat Nav with the car, does it usually come as an aftermarket component or can I expect the automobile manufacture's original equipment Nav?
4) I also requested a diesel but I just joined the company as a member, I was wondering how likely will I actually get a diesel car?

Thanks!!
Old May 17, 2013, 6:57 am

1) no
2) write it in the comment field
3) no aftermarket in this class
4) 53,5% when the moon is full at time of arrival

to protect your privacy you should delete the reservation number.
Old May 18, 2013, 2:14 am

Hi Sixt Reps,

I have booked a XCAR from Orlando Airport (MCO) for August 2013. Is there anyway you can improve my chances of receiving a MB E-class instead of a BMW 5 series.. Many thanks
Old May 18, 2013, 8:12 pm

I am not a Sixt employee, but I have rented that class at MCO, and from what I can see, you have a 99%+ chance of getting an E. The site suggests a 5er is possible, but I haven't personally seen one in the US Sixt fleet - however I have seen numerous E-class, and rented a couple.

Originally Posted by welch9
Hi Sixt Reps,

I have booked a XCAR from Orlando Airport (MCO) for August 2013. Is there anyway you can improve my chances of receiving a MB E-class instead of a BMW 5 series.. Many thanks
Old May 19, 2013, 6:53 am

Age of 18

Hey.
Is it possible to rent a car in Germany, if I'm only 18.5 years old and have only had my driving license for 13 months?
If so, is the CPMR option avaiable for me? (That's meaning the BMW 1er and the VW GTI group).
What are the extra costs because of my young age?
Old May 19, 2013, 5:17 pm

Programs: AA Gold
I am picking up SDAR at SIXT in CDG this Tuesday morning. what car should expect? any chance of an upgrade?
Old May 19, 2013, 9:12 pm

Programs: US; AA; UA; Hilton Gold; Club Carlson Gold; IHG Platinum;
Cross-border rental

I have made a reservation for CPMR class car picking up from MUC airport. My upcoming trip is for 11 days. I’ve never booked from Sixt before and would like to ask few questions.

As part of my reservation I requested automatic transmission and diesel. What are my chances of getting these two requests honored and what car is the most common in that category?

Also, I am planning to drive to Czech Republic and Austria. It looks like Sixt cross-border policy restricts rental of Audi, BMW, Mercedes-Benz, VW, Porsche, Aston Martin and all Jeeps/Offroader when going to Czech Republic. CPMR class lists BMW 1er, VW Golf GTI, Mercedes-Benz A-Klasse so I guess I am not getting any of these cars because of the cross-border restrictions. Are there any other cars in this class that can be driven to Czech Republic?
Old May 19, 2013, 9:31 pm

Originally Posted by Panakot
Hey.
Is it possible to rent a car in Germany, if I'm only 18.5 years old and have only had my driving license for 13 months?
If so, is the CPMR option avaiable for me? (That's meaning the BMW 1er and the VW GTI group).
Seems like 18 is the minimum age for CPMR at Sixt. Shouldn't be any extra then. Sixt.com will show the minimum age if you try to book, so you should be able to check individual classes for yourself.
Old May 19, 2013, 9:33 pm

Guess I'll ask here since Gary is pretty on top of it - what's the one-class upgrade from CPMR? Is that the Passat/Insignia? And does Sixt in Germany have Sciroccos in any class?
Old May 20, 2013, 10:12 am
Company Representative - Sixt

Programs: www.sixtblog.co.uk; http://www.facebook.com/sixtrentacaruk
Originally Posted by welch9
Hi Sixt Reps,

Hi Welch9, Normally you can add a remark to the reservation when placing it. Feel free to send me a PM with your reservation number and I'll add it for you. Hope this helps, Matt
Old May 20, 2013, 10:34 am

Originally Posted by Kpoxa
I have made a reservation for CPMR class car picking up from MUC airport. My upcoming trip is for 11 days. I’ve never booked from Sixt before and would like to ask few questions.

As part of my reservation I requested automatic transmission and diesel. Are there any other cars in this class that can be driven to Czech Republic?
No. Netter Reserve something Else and mention crossboarder rektal to Check Republic at the Counter.

Everyone Else wants Automatik and Diesel as well, so you can ask, thats all.
Old May 20, 2013, 10:35 am

Originally Posted by highlanderfil
Guess I'll ask here since Gary is pretty on top of it - what's the one-class upgrade from CPMR? Is that the Passat/Insignia? And does Sixt in Germany have Sciroccos in any class?
Yes, SSMR. One class Upgrade from C is something from I...
Old May 20, 2013, 10:57 am
Company Representative - Sixt

Programs: www.sixtblog.co.uk; http://www.facebook.com/sixtrentacaruk
Originally Posted by Panakot
Hey.
Hi Panakot, I have replied to your private message. The young driver fee is 10 EUR per day, MAX 50 EUR per month for drivers under the age of 23. Hope this helps, Matt

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.