Wiki Posts
Search

Transit in Changi

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2009, 10:15 pm
Original Poster

Transit in Changi

Hi Guys,

Sorry I am not sure where to post questions, please move this to the right place..

I am planning a trip to Phuket in June while I am having stop over in Singapore. I am bit confused if I've got the correct flights and have enough time for transit.

My original flight is from Sydney to Seoul with Singapore air. I decided to stop over in singapore for 5 days, and found there is a cheap deal with Tiger, so bought 2 tickets to phuket.

Here is the problem.

My flight from Sydney to Singapore (SQ232) arrives Changi T3 at 5:45PM. Then the flight to Phuket (TR154) departs at 7:15PM. I thought the transit would be simple, and 1.5hr should be just enough but now I am hearing that I have to clear custom, move to T2 then move to budget terminal etc.. Booking confirmation email from Tiger says the check-in gate closes 45 min before departure, this means I only have 45 min to do all this!

Do you think I should change the plan and go to phuket in the next morning?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by iteck01; Apr 6, 2009 at 10:22 pm
Old Apr 7, 2009, 12:04 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by iteck01
Hi Guys,

Sorry I am not sure where to post questions, please move this to the right place..
A moderator may move it to the dedicated Singapore FT forum where it might get a better response.

Tough call, though I don't recall airport security at SIN being the circus it is stateside so I'd want to venture it is possible, though others here way more familier with SIN will add their input. However if your even 15-20 minutes late arriving on SQ, which isn't unthinkable, your connection is shot so I would play it safe and rebook for the next a.m. Just my opinion...

BTW, welcome to FT.
Old Apr 7, 2009, 1:46 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Tamsin - what else is there to say?
Welcome to FT also - I'm going to move this over, as tcook52 suggests, to the Singapore forum, where the regulars there will be best placed to advise you

Jenbel
Co-moderator, Communitybuzz!
Old May 1, 2009, 1:37 am

Yes , i think you should change your flight to next morning , let me explain as i am from singapore.

you arrive at T3, 5.45pm by the time you clear immigration its maybe 6:00pm.
You need to walk to the shuttle bus station,i dont know wether T3 has it , if T3 doesnt have it you need to go to T1 or T2 and maybe it will be 6:20.

the journey takes about 10 minutes

maybe you want to eat something before leaving Singapore ?? that will take time too,so i really think you should change your flight to next morning
Old May 1, 2009, 5:13 am

Programs: NZ
Hey there

I strongly agree with Sealalula. I think you are cutting it too fine to make your connection. I'd change my booking if I were you.

Cheers
Old May 1, 2009, 6:25 am

haha thanks MichaelAKL

actually i've been from Terminal 1 to the Budget terminal to sent my friends off , it is infact very small , just a small hall for checking in thats all !!! nothing else.
Old May 1, 2009, 11:39 pm

Originally Posted by sealalula
you arrive at T3, 5.45pm by the time you clear immigration its maybe 6:00pm.
You need to walk to the shuttle bus station,i dont know wether T3 has it , if T3 doesnt have it you need to go to T1 or T2 and maybe it will be 6:20.
No shuttle bus from T3, so you need to cross over to T2, burrow into the terminal basement to find the bus station, and then choke on exhaust while you wait for the bus to show up. You'll be lucky if you can manage this in under half an hour, and Tiger is very strict about that 45 min cutoff, so you'll be really pushing it. Take a taxi instead if you have to do this...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.